What did you want to be when you were a kid?

Options

Replies

• Arathels
    Arathels Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options

Aww, you wanted to be me.. cute ;)@Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
  • Hey_Its_That_One_Guy
    Hey_Its_That_One_Guy Posts: 21,768 Member
    Options
    Arathels wrote: »

Aww, you wanted to be me.. cute ;)@Hey_Its_That_One_Guy

Have you seen yourself? Hot AND awesome. Of course I do. Or be with you. One of those things.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I wanted to be dead. Good thing my suicide attempt failed lol. I don't miss my childhood one bit.
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a scientist. Instead I'm in Human Resources. I do love science though, I like to take some courses for fun
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I wanted to be a black lady. My first years were in a very small town, where I knew only three black ladies and one American Indian lady. They were always so nice to me, and tolerant, but most of the white women I knew were mean. As a child, in preparation, I ate and drank a lot of chocolate, because I thought that would assure my desire. Also, all my new dolls were black -- something very hard to find in my town in the '50s.

Funny thing: I have an illness that causes some of my skin to be very, very dark. Hee-hee-hee!
  • tmi_gang
    tmi_gang Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Famous musician..
    I've got the guitar drums and bass down.. Just lacking the fame.
  • pest3147
    pest3147 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    A police officer
  • joelo_83
    joelo_83 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    US navy pilot. Still bitter about not having 20/20
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    An archaeologist.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A bride. I wanted to catch a husband and be a housewife....check and check. I spent a LOT of time with my grandma. Hahaha.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My "unrealistic" desire was everything that had to do with building a house & when I found out that a full time job, was 40 hours a week; I figured that I'd be an architect for 1 of those hours, a framer, brick layer, roofer, plummer, electrician, finishing carpenter, etc. Then I'd design cars, clothes, jewelry, etc., for an hour each & whatever else, until I had a career; for each of those 40 hours.

My "realistic" desire was to be an architect & work for a firm. Once I became established, I'd build my own home & attach my own architectural business to it, with a door inside linking my home with my business; so that I could be a business woman & have a mother's helper/babysitter, while I was on the business side of the house but then be a stay at home mother, in between meeting clients & when I'd just otherwise be in my office & not on a building site, etc.

Unfortunately I became disabled, when I was 14 years old & thus never achieved my goals.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    a princess
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    A nuclear physicist. Then I found out how much school and how little money, so it became a mechanical engineer. Somehow and a long convoluted life, I am in accounting.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    When I was 4 I wanted to be Pat Benetar.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    IDK...it was something different almost everyday.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    For my entire childhood it was being a meteorologist
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a peditrician. Then I wanted to be a fashion designer. I ended up being a claims adjuster.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    An archaeologist or a vet & also a mother.

1 out of 3 ain't bad! B)
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    joelo_83 wrote: »
    US navy pilot. Still bitter about not having 20/20

That happened to my cousin. Only his issue was he was color blind.