Progress photos - Down 90lbs so far

Options
brdnw
brdnw Posts: 565 Member
285lbs-235lbs-210lbs-195lbs 90lbs lost so far, i'm trying to get a bit leaner, maybe 5-10lbs to go.

11356676_133024377031722_1104934523_n.jpg

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! You look great!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    cheering_minions.gif

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Xandersmommy
    Xandersmommy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are smokin!! lol What a transformation!! keep up the great work :)
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Wowza!!! Great job.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good god, awesome. How tall are you? What kind of exercise/training/whatever do you do?
  • Farjana
    Farjana Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing well done - I'm hoping to lose 2stones
  • brdnw
    Options
    Good god, awesome. How tall are you? What kind of exercise/training/whatever do you do?

I'm 6'2. I lift 7 days a week, i lift heavy, so like many sets (6-8) of of a 2-5 rep range, and then at the end of my excercise i'll do 1-2 sets in a 6-10 rep range to further fatigue.

for cardio i do HIIT, so i'll run hard for 30 seconds, walk for 30-60 seconds repeat and do this for a mile or i've done this method up to even 10 miles, i find it to be the least boring and makes it feel faster and everything i read reiterates that it is more effective than running at a static pace...right now i'm focused on shorter cardio as when i was running 5+ miles i felt like it caused some aversion to my strength gains...so now i'm trying to run 3 miles a day and break it into 2-3 faster runs.

Admittedly i only do cardio about 2 days a week but recently decided on turning that up as i'm getting impatient (though i'm in two volleyball leagues and a flag football league, so i suppose that aides in my cardio).

For eating, i just eat chicken breast/99% lean turkey/salmon/other fish with white or brown rice as much vegetables as i want same with fruit and I eat instant oatmeal. I don't count my calories directly but i am usually around 1600-2000 in a day as at this point i pretty much know the calorie content of anything i eat.

then i try to get 1g of protein per pound i weigh (so i try to do like 190g or so) and limit my carbs < 125g.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! You look great! :)
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Seriously!!?? Is that you? AMAZING transformation!!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    *slow clap*
  • Desert_flower3
    Desert_flower3 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is very inspirational. Not only do I want to lose weight but I want to get ripped like that. Thanks for the share
  • amylg05
    amylg05 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Holy, you look amazing great job! ;o
  • kmtbeaulieu
    kmtbeaulieu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome! you were quite cute, but wow hot!
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work :)
  • RockingDad
    RockingDad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi. Brilliant work. I'm the same height as you and am down to 220lbs. Are you following a particular weight training programme and do you use supplements?

Cheers :)
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Good morning !!
  • brdnw
    Options
    RockingDad wrote: »
    Hi. Brilliant work. I'm the same height as you and am down to 220lbs. Are you following a particular weight training programme and do you use supplements?

Cheers :)

for supplements i just cellucor c4 and creatine, i've never followed any specific program, i constantly read about fitness and workouts so i do pick up/try things that i read but generally i wing it when i'm at the gym depending on what's busy or how my body is feeling, aside from my workout splits have always been the same. Day 1: chest/triceps, Day 2: legs/shoulders Day 3: back/biceps (and then repeat) and with this i do abs every other day and the day's i don't do abs i do calves.
  • Becky03026847
    Becky03026847 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    what was your turning point to make you want to lose? You look great. I really wish I had the time to work out 7 days a week. I'm lucky to get walking in. Keep up the great work.
  • brdnw
    Options
    what was your turning point to make you want to lose? You look great. I really wish I had the time to work out 7 days a week. I'm lucky to get walking in. Keep up the great work.

I didn't have a specific turning point moment, i just got out of shape and it was always on my mind to get back into shape and one day i finally did it, and i told myself i was going to go to the day every day for the next year and since then i've pretty much gone 360+/365 days a year.

I also don't have kids so that probably helps my free time a bit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!