No Snacking?

Options
Are there any 3 meals a day people out there? No snacking? If so, how do you get between meals? I know snacks make up so many of my calories & I need a change.

Replies

• catrelia403
    catrelia403 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't.. Always try to have a healthy snack.. Nuts or vegs... Hope that helps.. GL
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Not me, I have a morning, afternoon, and sometimes evening snack depending on how I'm feeling.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nope, I love the snack part!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I am gradually reducing snacking. I used to be a 3 meal and 2 snack per day person, now my 3 meals are a bit more substantial, and I may have a small snack in the afternoon or a dessert or drink in the evening, but I'm relying on the meals for most of my food.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I prefer 3 meals. I sometimes do an afternoon snack (around 5 or 5:30), but only because I tend to go from lunch at noon or 1 to dinner not until 9 or after and may work out in the in-between period.

I simply have meals that satisfy me for a longer period of time. I actually feel much less satisfied with a bunch of smaller meals or snacks. I also enjoy looking forward to meals.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,930 Member
    Options
    I seem to be doing many small snacks as opposed to main meals most of the time. But I AM a bit random.
  • KariFreeman2
    KariFreeman2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No, if I cut out snacks altogether I would fail. I have a morning & afternoon snack of protein and fruit. Then in the evening I enjoy what i have a desire for. This has helped me stay on track :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I eat all of my calories in 2 - 3 well-balanced meals a day with no snacks and it works great for me...80 pounds gone and over 2 years maintaining.

My meals keep me full and satisfied so there's no need to snack. My grocery bills are much lower and there's less dishes to wash. :)

• jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am a three meal, maybe one snack kind of person. I find that if I snack, I definitely eat more throughout the day. If I only eat at meal times, I do so much better.
  • misscharleygirl
    misscharleygirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of cutting out the snacks, you can come up with snacks that are less calorie dense or figure out what you can cut out of your meals to allow yourself the calories for snacking? I make sure that my meals are smaller so I can have an afternoon and evening snack (and occasionally a morning snack, as well).

For me it was as easy as making skillets for lunch, rather than burritos (no tortilla = 140 less calories at lunch = a snack in the afternoon) or more beans and veggies with dinner so I have room for a small ice cream bar after dinner (80 calories).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't understand snacking. I eat meals. I have tried three meals a day, but I get too full, I need to divide it into four or five.
  • lddfsu
    lddfsu Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat 3 meals a day with no snacks, but I've always been that way. I am a big planner, so I plan all my meals at the beginning of the week and do my grocery shopping, so I make sure I'm prepared with meals that will keep me full.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. Call it a snack, call it a meal, I dont' care....
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I need a snack! I eat lunch around noon and dinner around 9 or 10. I'd never survive without a snack! Neither would anyone around me.
  • Ekleblanc
    Ekleblanc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My family doesn't have a set meal time like a normal family out. My 2yo usually eat lunch and dinner and snacks. We hardly ever eat breakfast. Just not breakfast people. The earlier in the day I eat the more I snack/eat.
  • accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I eat between 4 and 10 in the evening. No snacking.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I think 60-75% of my calories comes from snacking rather than meals. I dont even think of it as meals and snacks, just moving towards my calorie goal per day.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a healthy snack from time to time..... a piece of fruit, nuts, greek yogurt...it's all good.