Need help ...

Hi guys..in new I a bit of help atm. I have recently reduced my portion sizes and increased my veg and protien however my weight is still not budging... Does anybody have any extremely low calorie but filling recipes? Preferably chicken as I am more of a white meat water than red. Thanks xx

Replies

• deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Are you weighing all of your food on a digital scale?
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    How long has your weight been stuck?

Are you using a food scale to measure your portions?

Do you eat your exercise calories back?

pc0i7hvi75d0.jpg
  • melissamj90
    melissamj90 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey guys yes I measure my foods. Mainly Carbs like pasta potatoes cereals etc... I've been trying carbless meals so my plate is 50% proteins (chicken,eggs) and 50% speeds (veg,salad,fruits)

I've even stuck for around 6 weeks. I have upped my exercise but no not replacing burned cals as I'm not genuinely hungry. I tend to feel sick if I push at a meal :( x
  • melissamj90
    melissamj90 Posts: 9 Member
    Oh and I've abolished bread completely as that is my weakness... I love bread!!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Well, veggies/salad and fruits are carbs, so you're not going carbless.

Do you use measuring cups or a scale to measure your food.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Measuring is not the same as weighing your food. Just saying...

For meal ideas, go for what you like but continue as you've mentioned and pay attention to how much of each food type on the plate. 5-6 ounces (raw) of chicken breast is a decent portion amount, and lean so not much calories. Baked/steamed/raw/etc. veggies. Calorie dense foods like bread, potatoes are fine (unless you have personal reasons to avoid them) as long as you're aware of the calories in what you eat.