thighs

Options
bhanvi
bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
I know you can't spot reduce your body fat but why is most of my fat accumulated on my thighs and butts? I weigh 91 kgs (i think 196 -200 pounds) , height : 5'4 and my thighs at their widest measure to be 28.5 friggin inches. :( I have humoungous thighs ,is there anything at all that I can do about it? Would squats help? Please guide me.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, hip thrusters, DL. Keep losing and it will come.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    It's based a lot on genetics. Squats are an amazing work out , but there is no spot reducing. Make sure you are in a calorie deficit and your body will pick and chose where the weight will come off from.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it looks a lot better than bodies where all of the fat accumulates on the belly. Consider yourself lucky!
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it looks a lot better than bodies where all of the fat accumulates on the belly. Consider yourself lucky!

Hah, as someone who gets the weight all over and places like my face take the longest to come off, I have always envied belly fat-storers. My friend put it the best "these people can still look good behind a desk".
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    bhanvi wrote: »
    I know you can't spot reduce your body fat but why is most of my fat accumulated on my thighs and butts? I weigh 91 kgs (i think 196 -200 pounds) , height : 5'4 and my thighs at their widest measure to be 28.5 friggin inches. :( I have humoungous thighs ,is there anything at all that I can do about it? Would squats help? Please guide me.

Where you store your body fat (and where it comes off first when you are in a deficit) is all genetics. At this point, eating at a deficit is going to be your number one priority in losing the body fat. Strength training can also help with body recomposition, but not in the way you are wanting it to.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    My friend put it the best "these people can still look good behind a desk".
    Funny! But they look ridiculous with their 32" pants riding underneath their 46" belly.

OP, our genetics determine where our bodies store fat. Look around at your family. Chances are most of them carry their weight in their thighs, too. I know mine do and that's where mine is, too. The good news is, those of us who carry it around their hips and thighs are less prone to heart disease, so there's always that going for us.

Chances are, you're always going to carry most of your weight in your thighs. How big they are will simply depend on your body fat percentage. I always hated my thighs when I was younger. Of course, I'd now love to have them that "small" again. :/
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Building muscle may help, but it's going to take some time and you still have to lose the fat.

The only place I ever really feel like all my thigh muscles get worked is in the water. I've pushed them so hard twice that I couldn't use my legs and had to drag myself over to the wall with my arms, lol. I had studied what happens to muscles when they're pushed past the point they can go, but had never experienced it before. It's bizarre.

I work the heck out of my thighs, butt and abdomen, but my thighs are still hideous.

Takes time! :)
  • bhanvi
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Building muscle may help, but it's going to take some time and you still have to lose the fat.

The only place I ever really feel like all my thigh muscles get worked is in the water. I've pushed them so hard twice that I couldn't use my legs and had to drag myself over to the wall with my arms, lol. I had studied what happens to muscles when they're pushed past the point they can go, but had never experienced it before. It's bizarre.

I work the heck out of my thighs, butt and abdomen, but my thighs are still hideous.

Omg I know that feeling..haha...I did 72 squats on the first day on a whim and I was walking up the stairs like a zombie. XD

• bhanvi
    Options
    Thank you everyone for answering.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

]I work the heck out of my thighs, butt and abdomen, but my thighs are still hideous.

Wow that gives me such hope :lol: xx

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

]I work the heck out of my thighs, butt and abdomen, but my thighs are still hideous.

Lol, I hope everyone will get the point even if I said it poorly. Thighs are such a sore spot for me...and lots of other women, I think, reading these boards. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Lol, I hope everyone will get the point even if I said it poorly. Thighs are such a sore spot for me...and lots of other women, I think, reading these boards. :)

I appreciated your honesty :smile: And yes, thigh fat is a pain in the butt to get rid of!