Young and Dumb

Options
I have a home with each of my parents and one side uses this, eats healthy but the other eats a lot of.... Well..... Poopy food! And being with them it makes it harder to stay healthy, any one else in my situation? I mainly spend time with with this side of the family that eats unhealthy.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Time to learn to cook! Watch YouTube videos and check out cooking sites and cookbooks and then offer to make a few dinners a week for your family.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation with my parents. I have my own place now and I don't keep a lot of high calorie snack food around and when I'm there I'm on my feet doing things most of the time (just getting done general things that I need to get done). But when I go to my parents' house I just end up sitting and eating snack cakes, which leads to guilt and then binging. Part of my problem was cutting my calories too low when I wasn't there. The other was not knowing how to handle myself around these foods. I have started eating up to my calorie goal and I bought some of these same snack cakes for my place and have learned to make them fit into my goals for the day. Now I can get through a weekend there and keep under my calorie goal.