Waist Training

Options
2»

Replies

• mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Guys n Galz, I've been seriously overweight at one point. Ive always wanted a good midsection and finally got it. Honestly, the way to get it is simple. it takes 3 things. A good weight lifting program that incorporates using abs, a good ab routine to strengthen yours abs, and a clean diet when your ready to see the work you've put in. If you don't do these 3 things then youll always have a pouch and or gut.

Please check out this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Lots of good info there from someone who had traveled the path. (Spoiler: meet calorie and macro needs and lift heavy things. Abs-targeted workouts and 'clean' eating not required)
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @mathjulz maybe you misunderstood me a bit.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

Pretty sure mathjulz did not misunderstand you. I didn't either.
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    hmmmm, ok.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

Hopefully the OP will check out the linked post, too.

But you said
    If you don't do these 3 things then youll always have a pouch and or gut.

Really, check out the post :wink:
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    Maybe I should've worded it a tad diff. For a " flat" stomach you need to do the following:

- Weight lifting program that requires the use of your entire core
    - have a sensible diet

If you want visible abs:

- find a good Ab routine
    - Drop your B/F
  • FitnessTrainer69
    Options
    hows that? lol
  • MerMandy17
    MerMandy17 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I bought the one the kardashians used. I wear it for like an hour a day... But I also workout and diet so yeah I see results. Just with the trainer, I wouldn't expect much.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'll tell you what did work for me was sitting on a Pilates Ball Chair all day at work. It improved my posture - you can't slouch - and tightened up all my core muscles. I don't even use the back rest when I'm driving any more. Tightening those core muscles took several inches off my waist. It's great for your back too.

Wearing spanx and corsets long term actually undermine your core muscles because they do the work your muscles are supposed to.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    no. I have a trainer but it is not for exercise but for fun or for smoothing things out.
    I hate spanx. Had a near accident because I needed to pee and those suckers wouldn't budge. I finally did but I thought I was going to have to cut myself out of those things.

• Tamlyngo
    Tamlyngo Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    if by "waist training" you mean go to the gym and bust your butt and do the same in the kitchen. Then, yup it works great :)

This^^^
  • tracy0919
    tracy0919 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    OP: Waist training with corsets is done with tight lacing, steel boned corsets. To get any real benefit in terms of actual shaping (waist smaller than hips/bust, 'hourglass figure'), one must wear the corset usually for most of the day. Serious tightlacers only take them off for showering, and that is all - they are worn the rest of the 24 hours including in bed sleeping or what have you. This is done for extended periods of time to mold the figure. Again, serious tightlacers wear theirs for years. Really, it is not cut out for most people for the reasons everyone has been mentioning. Do your own research though. Lots of people here have given great information (as MFP peeps always do!), but if you are thinking about this, there is no substitute for research.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    if by "waist training" you mean go to the gym and bust your butt and do the same in the kitchen. Then, yup it works great :)
    YEP!
    And you might want to look into "body recomposition" - google that!
    I have had some limited, slow results engaging these principles.

• mommyvudu
    mommyvudu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Waist training can give you more of an hourglass figure but it won't give you nice abs or reduce fat obviously... I'm cool with my body the way it is, though. I avoid heavy oblique work to maintain my natural slightly hourglass waist.