Just 10 lbs

Options
Tundeg
Tundeg Posts: 35 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I don't need to loose a ton of weight, but I need to bring down my numbers esp cholesterol. And I need to eat much less and better. I do work out but not regularly and I try to eat well. It's so difficult. I would appreciate any advice. I hope to make some friends here and be able to help each other.:))

Replies

• Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't have a definite solution because everyone is different, but I'll tell you exactly what I did to cut 15lbs in 2 weeks...mind you, it might mostly be water weight.
    • I got in at least 30 mins of cardio a day. I'm a walker, not a runner lol.
    • Increased my intake of veggies, especially deep leafy greens. Infact, I had a salad with every meal. Sometimes the salad was the meal
    • Ate lean protein such as fish and chicken. I have high cholesterol also, so I focused on fishes with a good amount of Omega-3
    • Reduced my carb intake. But when I do have carbs, it's usually whole grain or quinoa.
    • Totally cut out soda and other sweet drinks (no juice either..unless it was vegetables that I blended myself) I can't believe how much added sugar there was in juice!
    • Stay positive. I find that it's only hard if you make it hard! Have a positive mindset.

I hope this helps a little bit. I'm still doing this thing and so far I've lost 25lbs in 2 months. I've gotten my blood sugar levels down too (I'm diabetic). Find what works best for you. Good luck!!
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to add portion control. That's important too! If you can, try to weigh or measure out your portions of food.

http://pulptastic.com/24-must-see-diagrams-will-make-eating-healthy-super-easy/

This webpage helped me when I needed some ideas on healthy eating. They also have this nifty portion guide using your hand LOL. Alright, have fun!
  • matuskap
    matuskap Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well bad cholesterol levels are in 99% of cases a symptom, not a cause of problem. And the problems causing high cholesterol range from psychical stres and depression up to physical like thyroid damage. Important is to find out what is the cause of the problem. Its very possible that it may not even be caused by bad eating habbits.
  • Tundeg
    Options
    @shoOgy_D thank you so much for the tips!! I'll def keep them in mind. And congrats for loosing all that weight! Do you get on the scale every day?
  • Tundeg
    Options
    @matuskap thank you for your reply. I think my chol went up because of the things I've been eating lately. It was 180 2 yrs ago, 200 a year ago, 213 last month. Maybe it's not the food but I have a feeling it is. I'm Eastern European, we eat things nobody heard of