Plateau Help

Options
In March of this year, I started a high protein, low carb diet. It has been very successful. In the last 3 months I have lost 54 pounds. Over the last few weeks, I seem to have hit a plateau. I was told to change things up a bit and that should kick start the weight loss, but I really don't know what to change. I take in about 1000 to 1200 calories per day. I eat every 3 hours. I also work out for about 45 minutes to 60 minutes everyday. Any ideas on what I can try to get me losing weight again???

Replies

• ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Eat more and change up your exercise routine.
  • JoelGMT
    JoelGMT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with Christina. I don't know your height, weight etc, but 1000 Cal's is probably not enough and your body may be thinking it's starving.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Reassess your calorie goal. 1000 to 1200 isn't a lot if you don't have to eat so low. If you do need to be on a 1200 calorie diet eat it and your exercise calories so you NET 1200 and whatever exercise you're doing try doing something else or raise the resistance/intensity.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Eat more and change up your exercise routine.

^^THIS
  • itsme1974
    itsme1974 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments. I will try a new type of workout for a while and take in more calories. I hope this works! :bigsmile: