Any Vegans trying to lose weight or have lost weight

Options
2»

Replies

• demonnachos38
    demonnachos38 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got up to my highest weight as a vegan. I got down to my lowest weight as a vegan. It all boils down to CICO.

what is CICO
  • demonnachos38
    Options
    I got up to my highest weight as a vegan. I got down to my lowest weight as a vegan. It all boils down to CICO.

I wholeheartedly second this. I do not recommend going vegan for a "diet". Having been vegan for a long time. almost 10 years now, I realize that most of the popular conceptions of veganism are flat out not true. Veganism is not a lose weight quick plan, it's a lifestyle. I do not recommend that you do anything that you cannot maintain forever. If that means that you eat meat, then by all means, eat meat. Eat what you want and what is easy for you because the likelihood that you will stick to a restrictive diet for the long haul and actually learn healthy long term dietary lessons is slim to none if the program is too difficult or restrictive.

I don't think everyone should be vegan, by any means... not unless the lifestyle is your choice, and for reasons that you will maintain.

Good luck on your journey, but don't make a restrictive decision if you know it won't last forever. You want success in your weight loss journey, not restrictions that lead to feelings of deprivation that lead to "falling off the wagon".
    I am thinking about eating meat again because when I did i certainly weighed less than i do now with out even excersing

• hornseyme
    hornseyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Relying on Oreos and other processed foods will not help weight loss at all but you guys know that.
    Just go with what works for your body.
    I compete well with what I eat. I place well in races, weightlift and circuit train every week. I also practice Ashtanga and bikram yoga daily.
    No judgement if you want to eat animal products or don't. Really look at what things you are eating and see if they are of benefit.
  • demonnachos38
    Options
    I dont eat oreo or processed foods as much anymore
  • LadyFencer
    LadyFencer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you are eating healthful foods and getting enough calories, you are getting enough protein. There is absolutely no question about that. If people don't feel well on a vegan diet, they assume it's a lack of protein, but that's because Americans have a weird protein fetish. Not everyone loses weight on a vegan diet though. Some people gain. If you want to go vegan, go to specifically vegan websites. For weight loss, try Happy Herbivore or John McDougall. Google vegan calorie density. MFP is packed with people who have lots of opinions about veganism, but no actual knowledge. They're going to trash me now. The claims people on this site make about protein are absurd.