Hello Folks! Fitness Enthusiast Looking to Connect With Likeminded People!

Options
CyZZ1989
CyZZ1989 Posts: 14 Member
Greetings from Moore, OK!

My name is Corey, I am a 26yo college student/student employee @ OCCC with a relatively new passion for fitness.

Fitness changed my life - completely. I began my journey In September 2013 as a painfully shy 280lb guy. I always told myself, 'one day I will have access to a gym, and then I'll go get fit'. In fall of that year, I finally had that access. By November 15, 2014, I had made it to 160lbs at around 10% bodyfat.

I started rather haphazardly, focusing mostly on cardio and lifting maybe 2-3 times a week with no real plans. Regardless, I dropped weight very rapidly down to 230, at which point I hit my first plateau. I began experimenting with portion control (and in hindsight, also began primarily weightlifting) and again rapidly dropped weight to 200lbs. This second plateau was much more difficult to overcome and after around 1.5 months, I made the leap of switching to clean and lean eating habits. This proved extremely effective and I dropped down to my goal of 175lbs in less than a month, and then well beyond that to a low of 160lbs at around 10% bodyfat.

Even through all of this, I never actually sat down and worked out macro goals and tracked calories. Why? I knew logically the effort and time I would have needed to do it manually. Haha... What a poor misconception that was! Big shoutout to the MyFitnessPal crew, I never dreamed that tracking macros would literally be the easiest segment of my fitness triforce, and it certainly has become so over these last 3 days. Bravo!

During this time, I absolutely fell in love with fitness. I developed genuine self-confidence, discipline, happiness, a greater work-ethic, and most importantly, I learned to overcome that fear of 'putting yourself out there'. I became much more out-going (as I had been as a young child), and for the first time in my life, was even getting attention from the ladies! Fitness/bodybuilding/aesthetics became my passion, addiction, and obsession to this very day, and through this, I found my salvation.

These past 2 years have been a blast! As it stands now, I have decided to follow this passion into some kind of career and my intention is head down the path of PT and maybe even try doing the YouTube deal one day, haha!
I've picked up a great deal of nutritional & dieting information, and learn more every day. I have also acquired much training/exercise, and form related knowledge. I derive a great deal of satisfaction from imparting this knowledge to those who seek it, and currently do this free of charge.

So by all means, feel free to add me, message me, and otherwise interact! I love meeting new people and will always do my best to help anyone who asks for it!

Onward and upward,
Corey

From 280 to 160 (Dec 2012 - Dec 2014)
3z1pubrjxlk6.jpg

...back up to 195! (June - 2015)
cubsxdki6gu6.jpg