protein intake post workout

Options
2»

Replies

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    No i dr
    Yes isopurr protein made me gained weight and even hormonal changes btween 2009 and 2010 and thats the reason i m scared to take whey protein after workout....i was just 120 pounds and i took isopure and got to 140 pounds

It's likely that you added the protein to your normal eating habits, therefore adding 100-200 (or more) calories per day to your daily intake. That is probably what made you gain the weight.

no i drank in morning..but ddint do any workouts...

Well that just doesn't make any sense.....you said in your OP that "i look bulky if i consume 12 gram of protein post workout" and now you're saying that you didn't workout? Whether or not you worked out doesn't really matter, though, it's your calories that made you gain weight.

I'm 5'2" and female and protein just helps me feel full; it doesn't make me bulk up.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    No i dr
    Yes isopurr protein made me gained weight and even hormonal changes btween 2009 and 2010 and thats the reason i m scared to take whey protein after workout....i was just 120 pounds and i took isopure and got to 140 pounds

It's likely that you added the protein to your normal eating habits, therefore adding 100-200 (or more) calories per day to your daily intake. That is probably what made you gain the weight.

Well that just doesn't make any sense.....you said in your OP that "i look bulky if i consume 12 gram of protein post workout" and now you're saying that you didn't workout? Whether or not you worked out doesn't really matter, though, it's your calories that made you gain weight.

I'm 5'2" and female and protein just helps me feel full; it doesn't make me bulk up.

no i said between 2009 and 2010 i consumed isopure ...and i gained weight...and now in 2015 i have started doing weights...and i m scared to consume whey protein...so just asked what shall i do...if i takr whey post workout...then what shall i eat for carbs...

the reason you gained weight is because you ate more calories than you burned not because you were taking isopure even though taking isopure did add to your daily calories but i doubt it was the reason you gained weight. You can eat anything you like for carbs as long as you dont eat more calories than your body burns and you will lose weight.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    No i dr

no i said between 2009 and 2010 i consumed isopure ...and i gained weight...and now in 2015 i have started doing weights...and i m scared to consume whey protein...so just asked what shall i do...if i takr whey post workout...then what shall i eat for carbs...

Based on your posts in this thread it does not appear as though you understand the basics of weight loss/gain. 12g of protein intake will not make you "bulky." A protein shake on its own is not responsible for weight gain in 2015, nor was it responsible in 2009.

Go read the stickied threads and learn.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    No i dr

Based on your posts in this thread it does not appear as though you understand the basics of weight loss/gain. 12g of protein intake will not make you "bulky." A protein shake on its own is not responsible for weight gain in 2015, nor was it responsible in 2009.

Go read the stickied threads and learn.

+1000000000000000000
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options