wedding

Help. I'm getting married in 6 weeks and I can't do my dress up. I'm a vegetarian. Any ideas?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    eat less
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    get your dress adjusted. Which would you rather be - comfortable and able to move freely on the happiest day of your life?

Or, faint, weak, tired and irritable from not eating?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    girlinahat wrote: »
    get your dress adjusted. Which would you rather be - comfortable and able to move freely on the happiest day of your life?

Or, faint, weak, tired and irritable from not eating?

OP doesn't need to 'not eat' she just needs to eat in a deficit to lose weight...
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    6 weeks is still enough time to get some alterations done to your dress.

Set yourself at a reasonable deficit and make sure you are eating less calories than you burn.

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Realistically you can probably lose about 5 pounds at most. I agree with the alterations suggestions. You will look great on your wedding day, so make sure you feel comfortable. You want to enjoy your day!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    OP did you just find out you were getting married in 6 weeks??

I suggest you eat at a reasonable deficit and exercise.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Help. I'm getting married in 6 weeks and I can't do my dress up. I'm a vegetarian. Any ideas?

Make an appointment to get final gown alterations done now. Eat at a reasonable deficit until your appointment date and see what you end up with.

Tailors don't like to do alterations on big, expensive projects like wedding gowns unless they have a few weeks. I could be wrong, but I don't think you're going to find one that's willing to wait until the last second to do your measurements, so you don't really have six weeks to lose that weight.