Losing fat from where you want it...

Bacchants
Bacchants Posts: 92 Member
edited July 2015 in Getting Started
Sooo I gather that it's fairly universal that where you really want to loose fat from, is where it is lost last. eg want to loose from bum? Nope boobs. Want to loose from arms? Hah. No loose some from bum. etc

Anyway I want to loose fat from my belly*, but have lost none yet, but lost some from bum/hips, arms, and waist. Which I guess makes sense as I've always had a bit of a belly, but the extra fat was put on within the last 1-2 years. I'm happy with my cals in v out, weighing my food, doing lots of strength with a dash of cardio and so far so good.

My question is really just a general one to try and manage my expectations:
How long does it take before you started to loose from where you really wanted?

I'm in this for the longhaul as a lifestyle change, but wondering if I should expect my belly to stay the same for a good few months. Or if it might happen a bit quicker!

*I know you can't spot reduce. I want to loose fat all over.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Lifting weights has helped me getting a better body shape. That was the most important factor, along with Eating more protein, healthy fats and complex carbs (veggies and fruits)
    I agree that you can not spot reduce.
    Just do not focus on your "where you want to lose fat". It is not going to happen. It will decrease... eventually.
    I focus on improving my health metrics: fast glucose, LDL cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, triglycerides, etc
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 429 Member
    Right. Can't spot reduce. Calories in vs. calories out for continued weight loss. I would suggest strength training and you can focus on areas directed toward areas of concern such as if your belly is a concern, the following exercises will benefit your whole body but also your core...lunges, squats, deadlifts, leg lifts, sit ups, push ups, planks etc. You get the idea :)