It's not about calories?!

Options
So I'm looking to start an anti-inflammatory diet. I'm wondering if I can eat as many calories as I want of a food that is anti-inflammatory. Like can I eat blueberries, walnuts, ginger, dark chocolate, etc until I can't eat them anymore and still lose fat, or should I still keep track of my calories? Any experiences/success with anti-inflammatory diets? (I read The Plan by Lyn Genet - great source)

Replies

• kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I would still count calories...while for example dark chocolate has some good antioxidents etc....eating that till you cannot eat anymore will still lead to you not losing weight...no matter what food you eat....its still about calories in vs calories out.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It's still about calories.

But by all means, if you want to try the anti-inflammatory thing, go for it. But make sure you hit your calorie targets in order to achieve the results you want.
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Calories definitely do count! You can still eat healthy foods and gain weight from them by overeating the portion size. For instance, I have pretty much banished nuts from my snack group because I buy them, with no salt and then I eat them, handfuls at a time. And unfortunately I don't stop at a single serving of 7 almonds or 8 cashews. You can easily eat 300- 400 calories in no salted nuts, or at least I did. It totally defeated the purpose and held me back, so I don't eat them often anymore. Self control and discipline are key. Not always easy.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    you need to track all calories evrything you eat
    all food has calories
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    It is about the calories
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Eating 4,500 calories of walnuts and dark chocolate is still 4,500 calories. Unless that's your maintenance you'll gain no matter what the foods.