What is Love to you?

Options
Trueray
Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
Over the years, I have seen the word "Love" thrown around very loosely. I would never be caught using that word unless I truly meant it but nowadays it seems to have loss its meaning. So my question to you is what does "Love" mean to you?

This is what comes to my mind when I think about "Love":

Love is not what we see in movies. True love is sacrifice. Love is thinking about others before you think about yourself. Love is selfless, not selfish. Love is when you lay down your life to another whether for your mother, father, brother, sister or your friend. Are you willing to lay down your life for them? Love is patient, Love is kind. It doesn't envy, it doesn't boast. It isn't easily angered, it isn't self-seeking. Love doesn't delight in evil. Love rejoice with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails, love is everlasting. Love is internal, it is not proud.

Replies

• Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    love never quits, it endures, it gives light, it conquers uncertainty--love enables greatness--
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Options
    Being patient.
    Looking out on my deck and wondering if they are looking at the moon too.
    Thinking about someone ery day, hoping they're ok.
    Thousands of miles can be between you but ya still hold out hope it will happen someday.
    (generic, I know)
  • mizgiet
    mizgiet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Love is unconditional and proven through loyalty, support, dedication, and romance.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    For me love is not just about putting other people's needs before my own but being thrilled that their needs are being met, to the point where their happiness is my happiness
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Love is wanting to be with somebody even while they are actively annoying the crap out of you.
  • xbrittney90
    xbrittney90 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thousands of miles can be between you but ya still hold out hope it will happen someday.

THIS.

Knowing you would do anything for that person, go to the ends of the earth for them.
    Getting those nervous butterflies before you see them and then you can't stop smiling like a fool when you're with them.
    When you care more about the other person's well being than your own.
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You got it Trueray!

I have been married for 18 years and I can say that love to me endures all things. Love is listening, trusting, wanting the other to be their best and to succeed.

In the beginning of a relationship it's all fireworks...then the life comes in...babies, bills, life etc. Love...holds true though it all...being the rock when the other is weak. :)

Great topic!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.

cheesecake-with-raspberry.jpg
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    Love is everything to me. It is all-encompassing. It is the gravity that holds us to the skin of this tiny little world and the stars that we reach for. It is the air we breathe and the water we drink. It is every genuine laugh and smile we have ever brooked and had. It is the hand you hold that keeps you from darkness and the one face you don't want to spend a second without. It is someone who you can't stand the thought of losing. Love is the best thing I can imagine, whether the only love you find is for yourself or if you have thousands of loves at once. Love is the prize at the bottom of the cereal box we graze on from birth to death. Love is the point of it all - every stubbed toe, every zit, every hour spent watching TV or reading the paper, every devastation and heartbreak. Love is everything.
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Options
    :love:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I think if he knew I was holding out for him all this time, he'd never question my loyalty.
    If I could hand him a bubble of my emotions and he felt it for a few seconds his heart would finally open up.
    There would be no more thousands of miles, Id never leave his side.
    He'd marry me, Id make him the happiest man alive.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Singing : ~Love is...what I got~
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Over the years, I have seen the word "Love" thrown around very loosely. I would never be caught using that word unless I truly meant it but nowadays it seems to have loss its meaning. So my question to you is what does "Love" mean to you?

This is what comes to my mind when I think about "Love":

Love is not what we see in movies. True love is sacrifice. Love is thinking about others before you think about yourself. Love is selfless, not selfish. Love is when you lay down your life to another whether for your mother, father, brother, sister or your friend. Are you willing to lay down your life for them? Love is patient, Love is kind. It doesn't envy, it doesn't boast. It isn't easily angered, it isn't self-seeking. Love doesn't delight in evil. Love rejoice with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails, love is everlasting. Love is internal, it is not proud.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

:flowerforyou: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,045 Member
    Options
    Love is wanting to be with somebody even while they are actively annoying the crap out of you.

^^ This^^
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy cooking again, for him of course
    Id keep the house clean :ohwell:
    Id rub his back, neck, feet evry day
    Id get him season tickets to his fav sport
    I'd support him till he finishes school, I'd even make his lunch :tongue:
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    An orgasm.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake.

cheesecake-with-raspberry.jpg

:love: I think I love you. Can I have your babies?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    love is when your bits feel all tingly.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Baby, don't hurt me. Don't hurt me no more.