Hi! I'm a vegetarian and I'm training for a half-marathon.

Options
ffbrown25
ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
About a year ago, I started running, doing moderate strength training and using MFP to get down to a healthy BMI. I maintained that for a year, and now I'm back with the goal of losing about 10 vanity pounds, getting MUCH stronger and completing my first half-marathon in October.

I'm now running five days a week, including a long run, and going to CrossFit twice a week to increase my foundational strength. I've always been athletic (I was a competitive swimmer for twelve years, and I taught spin classes for two), so I've got faith in my body to hold up under pressure.

First week down, feeling great! :#

Replies

• racheljones886
    racheljones886 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a vegetarian and a runner as well. I've completed two half marathons. They are a blast and it sounds like you are doing great with your training. Good luck and keep it up!
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a vegetarian and a runner as well. I've completed two half marathons. They are a blast and it sounds like you are doing great with your training. Good luck and keep it up!

Thanks so much! :):):)
  • SalsaJason
    SalsaJason Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey, trying hard to be a vegan and get my cycling mojo back, its hard, kudos to you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. You got this.