7,434 Calories Burnt in one day

Options
2»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    That elevation profile would kill me! Great ride!
  • glenn_VEGAN_lejano
    glenn_VEGAN_lejano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    197 miles in a day...I'm impressed.

Thank you Hornsby
  • shenson2522
    shenson2522 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • glenn_VEGAN_lejano
    Options
    looks like a great ride with some nice, fast downhills! Must have been beautiful

Few scary downhills to be exact. Some of them were very technical that required the ride organizers to put road markers to inform the riders to slow down. Unfortunately, a couple riders still took a fall with minor injuries.
  • glenn_VEGAN_lejano
    Options
    That elevation profile would kill me! Great ride!

Thank you!
  • glenn_VEGAN_lejano
    Options
    That's awesome!

Thank you!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol, people needing a backstory cause otherwise its way too confusing and clicking a link is too what? difficult?
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm totally ignorant about these things. Do you eat while you are tackling this feat? I've seen people grabbing water while running/riding. You must take some regular breaks along the way. Either way, 15 hours doing anything strenuous consistently is remarkable. Good for you. And that calorie burn is out of this world. I can only imagine how your legs must have felt getting off the bike ... and then the next day. Some people don't get off the couch for 15 MINUTES a day. Awesome !!
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hope you followed proper recovery protocols after spending 15 hrs doing endurance cardio....

@Iron_Feline - Bike club stage race, according to a quick google search of the title on the link.

But yeah, more detail might have prompted a different response. Congrats ... takes a lot of dedication and drive to accomplish something like that. I know I'm not into cycling enough to even consider a 5k, let alone completing a high mileage circuit race.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Impressive
  • glenn_VEGAN_lejano
    Options
    Impressive

Thank you!
  • glenn_VEGAN_lejano
    Options
    I am learning fast on how to post properly here. Please be patience with me, I'll get it right next time09wax9gd3iri.jpg
    379hms70elu2.jpg
    spsicv87r3vk.jpg
    fi3qrncyfjgs.jpg
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Good job.

As for posting continuity, next time I'd say put the Strava link and pictures in with your longer post you made so then it all makes sense to people who click, and it's in one neat little package. :)
  • glenn_VEGAN_lejano
    Options
    Good job.

As for posting continuity, next time I'd say put the Strava link and pictures in with your longer post you made so then it all makes sense to people who click, and it's in one neat little package. :)

Noted! Will do much better next time around.