It's Time to Get Serious

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Tyler, and I'm a rising senior at Georgia Tech in Atlanta. I've been on MFP for a while, always doing well and then losing focus, only to gain the weight partially or completely back. It's time when I've got to be serious. I'm going into my last year of college, and I don't want to graduate and have to walk across that stage looking like I do right now. I want it to be the perfect day, and I've got to lose some weight so I can enjoy it without feeling like a blimp in my gown.

Another major driving force for my newfound motivation is my love life. Being gay and overweight is a bad combination, and I'm tired of never being able to open up to someone for fear of rejection. The gay community can be awful about judging those who aren't the ideal man, and while I understand that it's probably something I shouldn't be focused on, it still has a major impact on how I see myself.

I would love as many friends as I can get to help keep me accountable and to share this experience with. I look forward to meeting some of you!

-Tyler

Replies

• kristenlegro
    kristenlegro Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think everyone looks like a blimp in those gowns, so don't be too worried about that part! I am at a point in my life where I don't care what other people think of me, I only care about how I see myself and I focus on that and only that.

Fortunately for you, Georgia tech has a beautiful Rec center that you should be taking advantage of (we traveled to Georgia tech for a swim meet back when I was in college) if you aren't all that knowledgable in how to use certain equipment or lift a certain way, ask someone! If they judge you for not knowing then they are pathetic because at one point or another they had to learn as well. Take classes as well! You are the only person who can make this happen for yourself, and I believe that you can do it!