suppressed thyroid function

lkmaxime
lkmaxime Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone I had thyroid cancer so I am on med that suppress my thyroid function. I just joined today and I am looking to take charge of the things that I can and be fit and healthy. I accept any healthy recommendations.

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Congrats! Assuming you're on Synthroid to suppress your TSH levels. When did you have the surgery and how are you feeling now?

I had a total thyroidectomy due to cancer in 2000 with no signs of reappearance which is always good. Other than that now that my TSH levels are low I feel great. I don't do anything special, just eat in moderation, exercise daily and stay well hydrated.

Welcome aboard!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    lkmaxime wrote: »
    I had thyroid cancer so I am on med that suppress my thyroid function. I just joined today and I am looking to take charge of the things that I can and be fit and healthy. I accept any healthy recommendations.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). Hands down, the best weight-loss advice I ever received was to read the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1