13»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    OP talk to your doctor.

Why do you seek all my posts to say something negative? I purposely looked for pregnancy posts to have members who can relate to my concerns why is this such an issue with you?

No one was seeking out your posts. You think a little to highly of yourself if you think people are scouring the internet looking for your posts to respond to you on. Please stop flame baiting and spamming the forums.

The link to the community guidelines is below and I think you should really review them and follow, for your sake.
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Posted on another forum too

Hi there. I'm 18 weeks pregnant, third baby. I am using MFP to ensure I don't gain too much weight this pregnancy like I did before. my first trimester I had my calorie goal set to maintain my weight. I am now in my second trimester and changed it to .5 pounds a week but was still hungry at this setting and I would tend to go over just a tad anyways so I changed it to the recommended one pound a week for the second and third trimester. I used another website to calculate what calorie intake was best for my pre-pregnancy weight and height and workout schedule, both MFP and the other site recommended 2520 Calories a day and that is what I'm going to stick to for now. I have a doctors appointment today and plan on discussing it with her. I sent friend request, we can do this together. Interested in other pregnant MFP friends too. A lot of MFP members Who are not pregnant or have never had kids don't seem to understand The concerns of pregnant women And are quick to judge so having the support of other pregnant MFP members would be great.

This is beyond ludicrous. A majority of the users on this website are women and I'd wager a large portion of those have dealt with or are dealing with pregnancy. That's a pretty ignorant statement.

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/2066659_o.gif[/img what's ignorant? The only people taking offense so far is the same people who have followed my concerns on other posts and made it their daily mission to disagree with me on any and everything I say no matter what it is. I said clearly, the people who are not pregnant or have not been, and don't have kids don't seem to understand my pregnancy concerns. Most all pregnant women already know to consult their doctor for these concerns and probably are (which i also clearly stated i was gonna do) and they are merely posting for support and views of people who can relate and offer their experience. I'm tired of fighting off the same few people. Why is it so hard to just be supportive or don't offer any advice at all...Yall get some enjoyment going back and forth with me on stuff you clearly can't relate too...smh. (that was for pika, serah, and rbf who follow me everywhere about my pregnancy posts and none of them are pregnant)[/img]
  • PikaKnight
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Posted on another forum too

Hi there. I'm 18 weeks pregnant, third baby. I am using MFP to ensure I don't gain too much weight this pregnancy like I did before. my first trimester I had my calorie goal set to maintain my weight. I am now in my second trimester and changed it to .5 pounds a week but was still hungry at this setting and I would tend to go over just a tad anyways so I changed it to the recommended one pound a week for the second and third trimester. I used another website to calculate what calorie intake was best for my pre-pregnancy weight and height and workout schedule, both MFP and the other site recommended 2520 Calories a day and that is what I'm going to stick to for now. I have a doctors appointment today and plan on discussing it with her. I sent friend request, we can do this together. Interested in other pregnant MFP friends too. A lot of MFP members Who are not pregnant or have never had kids don't seem to understand The concerns of pregnant women And are quick to judge so having the support of other pregnant MFP members would be great.

This is beyond ludicrous. A majority of the users on this website are women and I'd wager a large portion of those have dealt with or are dealing with pregnancy. That's a pretty ignorant statement.

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/2066659_o.gif[/img what's ignorant? The only people taking offense so far is the same people who have followed my concerns on other posts and made it their daily mission to disagree with me on any and everything I say no matter what it is. I said clearly, the people who are not pregnant or have not been, and don't have kids don't seem to understand my pregnancy concerns. Most all pregnant women already know to consult their doctor for these concerns and probably are (which i also clearly stated i was gonna do) and they are merely posting for support and views of people who can relate and offer their experience. I'm tired of fighting off the same few people. Why is it so hard to just be supportive or don't offer any advice at all...Yall get some enjoyment going back and forth with me on stuff you clearly can't relate too...smh. (that was for pika, serah, and rbf who follow me everywhere about my pregnancy posts and none of them are pregnant)[/img]

How do you know who is or isn't pregnant? Anyways, stop baiting, derailing and spamming.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    OP talk to your doctor.

Why do you seek all my posts to say something negative? I purposely looked for pregnancy posts to have members who can relate to my concerns why is this such an issue with you?

No one was seeking out your posts. You think a little to highly of yourself if you think people are scouring the internet looking for your posts to respond to you on. Please stop flame baiting and spamming the forums.

The link to the community guidelines is below and I think you should really review them and follow, for your sake.

Just saying, you 3 happen to find all my post and completely shut them down and respond negatively. I call that purposely seeking my posts, ESPECIALLY, if these posts are directed to pregnant women and none of you are.

• PikaKnight
    Options
    OP talk to your doctor.

Just saying, you 3 happen to find all my post and completely shut them down and respond negatively. I call that purposely seeking my posts, ESPECIALLY, if these posts are directed to pregnant women and none of you are.

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Doctor >Internet people
    My mother lost 7lbs while pregnant with my brother. Not trying to lose weight. Her doctor was not worried about it.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No one, not a single person should be giving the OP any advice of any sort. This is a matter for her and her OBGYN/doctor.

OP, ignore EVERYTHING in this thread except the suggestions to take this issue up with your doctor. Your health and your baby's health depends on the advice of the doctor who is seeing you regularly and evaluating your medical condition as your pregnancy progresses.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    No one, not a single person should be giving the OP any advice of any sort. This is a matter for her and her OBGYN/doctor.

OP, ignore EVERYTHING in this thread except the suggestions to take this issue up with your doctor. Your health and your baby's health depends on the advice of the doctor who is seeing you regularly and evaluating your medical condition as your pregnancy progresses.

Agree!!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Just because a person may or may not be pregnant or have kids does not mean they have no relevant advice or experience.

I personally have a 6 month old baby. I was logging MFP a year prior to pregnancy and I continued to log throughout my entire pregnancy and since. I know perfectly well the concerns of a pregnant woman. The #1 concern should be of the health of their baby. Who do you go to to make sure your baby is healthy? A doctor. Not the internet. Therefor, OP should talk to her doctor.

Weight loss and anything else can come AFTER the baby. It's no longer just about you. It's about your unborn child. There are weight gain guidelines for a reason. Yes, staying active and eating reasonably will help maintain a healthy weight gain. But to actively lose weight or seek to lose weight is inadvisable without the supervision of a doctor.

I really don't care about whatever perceived notion there is that people are seeking to shut a person's posts down.
    A lot of MFP members Who are not pregnant or have never had kids don't seem to understand The concerns of pregnant women And are quick to judge
    however, I think is pretty uncalled for.
  • wendymoira
    wendymoira Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lurk here a lot, and I've never seen so many MFP forum posters tell someone to ignore the forums and talk to their medical health professional. Interesting insight into how we view pregnancy. Imagine doing the same thing the next time someone posts about wanting to get rid of belly fat!

(The original poster should of course consult with her medical health professionals, but I bet she's already doing that; right now she is seeking supplementary nutrition advice, because she is not a baby factory but a thinking person entitled to make health decisions for both herself and her unborn child. During my first pregnancy, I read several books on pregnancy nutrition and quizzed my OB about some of the details -- isn't this the equivalent?)
  • PikaKnight
    edited July 2015
    Options
    wendymoira wrote: »
    I lurk here a lot, and I've never seen so many MFP forum posters tell someone to ignore the forums and talk to their medical health professional. Interesting insight into how we view pregnancy. Imagine doing the same thing the next time someone posts about wanting to get rid of belly fat!

(The original poster should of course consult with her medical health professionals, but I bet she's already doing that; right now she is seeking supplementary nutrition advice, because she is not a baby factory but a thinking person entitled to make health decisions for both herself and her unborn child. During my first pregnancy, I read several books on pregnancy nutrition and quizzed my OB about some of the details -- isn't this the equivalent?)

So people on the internet (whom you have no way of verifying qualifications) is the same as an OB or an author who more than likely has valid credentials (like a doctorate)?

Ummm...

And the situation between belly fat and a child's life are two very different circumstances.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Well I thought posting guidelines authored by the SOGC on recommended weight gain in pregnancy was helpful. But I'm not an OB. It's not like the info isn't available.

lots of women are stuck with their family doc or PCP until third tri for prenatal care in my neck of the woods. If you don't already have an ObGYN you often can't even get to your first appt u too 16 weeks. Which would be late for advice. I'm sure ACOG (American equivalent of the SOGC) has published patient info for pregnancy weight gain also.
  • Laurenjenai
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Just because a person may or may not be pregnant or have kids does not mean they have no relevant advice or experience.

I personally have a 6 month old baby. I was logging MFP a year prior to pregnancy and I continued to log throughout my entire pregnancy and since. I know perfectly well the concerns of a pregnant woman. The #1 concern should be of the health of their baby. Who do you go to to make sure your baby is healthy? A doctor. Not the internet. Therefor, OP should talk to her doctor.

Weight loss and anything else can come AFTER the baby. It's no longer just about you. It's about your unborn child. There are weight gain guidelines for a reason. Yes, staying active and eating reasonably will help maintain a healthy weight gain. But to actively lose weight or seek to lose weight is inadvisable without the supervision of a doctor.

I really don't care about whatever perceived notion there is that people are seeking to shut a person's posts down.
    A lot of MFP members Who are not pregnant or have never had kids don't seem to understand The concerns of pregnant women And are quick to judge
    however, I think is pretty uncalled for.
    wendymoira wrote: »

I totally agree.

sorry to those who were offended by my statement of

"A lot of MFP members Who are not pregnant or have never had kids don't seem to understand The concerns of pregnant women And are quick to judge so having the support of other pregnant MFP members would be great."

I was looking for other mfp pregnant members and said it the wrong way.