Daily calories suggestions

Options
Ok so MFP has me a 1260 calories a day.... I go to a calorie intake calculator and it says to maintain i should be at 2430 and if I want to lose 1.5 pounds per week to be at 1680. << this calculation had me at moderately active working out 3-5 days a week, which I do.

I followed as close as i could to the 1260 amount for about a week and I dropped weight like 3 pounds ( water weight maybe ect) Its not like I have been overly obese and Im just starting a healthy lifestyle so that much of a drop was suprising. But my work outs suffered, I was weak when lifting weights.

I want to lose a little or tone up 159 is pretty high for me. Any suggestions on which calorie intake to follow? I will admit the lower one was really hard for me to stay at even just for a week!

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Just pick one and go with it. I find MFP sets me too low and override it to something higher anyway.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    One includes exercise calories (the higher one) and MFP doesn't. Once you add in exercise calories to MFP (which you are supposed to eat back) you're getting to pretty much the same number. So it depends which method you prefer - tracking exercise or not.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    :) I am much older than you, and feel best between 13-1500 calories daily, for a modest weight loss. Someone once said "Don't do anything to lose that you can't do to maintain" and I love that!
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    well either way I will be exercising, thats one thing i have down pat, I go 5 or 6 days a week no matter what. Its just trying to figure out where to keep my calories so I lose more or maybe tone. I guess that makes sense that one is tracking exercise and the other isnt. I am guessing if I could stay between 1400-1500 maybe that would help. Whoa that makes me wonder how many calories I am truly eating when I dont track!!

Thanks for all the thoughts!!