Serious SL fail today

Options
sistrsprkl
sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
So this afternoon, I jogged down to the gym and started my sl workout for the day. Since I'm only about a month in, I'm trying to be very mindful of my breathing, core, form, etc. I made sure to do proper warm up reps. I felt great and advanced in weight on 2 lifts. I noticed that it felt easier today and faster but didn't think much of it, it's a fast workout. I'm back home now and was about to jump in the shower and just realized that I only did 1 set of my 5x5 weight on each lift! Seriously. I have a lot going on in my life so I'll chalk it up to that. So I guess I'll go back & do the same workout tomorrow?!? Argh.

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Not a fail. Just a mistake.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    So you went in to do 5x5 and you did 1x5 and didn't notice until you got home? Or did I read that wrong?

• sistrsprkl
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    So you went in to do 5x5 and you did 1x5 and didn't notice until you got home? Or did I read that wrong?

Yup
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    And today Mike Mentzer smiled
  • arditarose
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sistrsprkl wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

Yup

OP I hope you're not mad if I laughed. Was it dead lift day? At least you would have gotten that set right!

Go get your 5x5 on next time lol.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I laughed a bit, too.

Just pick it back up on your regular lifting day, don't sweat it.
  • sistrsprkl
    Options
    Nope, not even DL day! This is why I need a gym partner, apparently.
  • arditarose
    Options
    It happens! I completely stripped the bar yesterday after dead lifts, forgetting that I needed it and almost all the weight to start with my hip thrusts directly after. Derp.

I actually don't know if you need to redo the same workout tomorrow...You could even wait until next week. Either way wouldn't really hurt though.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I opened this thinking you were going to say to dropped the bar on yourself during bench or something. Sorry, you made me lol.