Can someone help me?

Options
i need some help with how to to count calories. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The app will pretty much do it for you, just enter the foods in your diary and watch the calories add up
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The most important is to buy a food scale and use it. Caloric counts per serving is listed on most packaged foods. I typically use the grams amount as it is easier for me. then, as the other poster said, the site will do the rest. To get started make sure you stick with foods with known calorie counts.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Google everything if you don't want to use MFP. Add them up. Stay below whatever you decide you need to stay below.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    You dont have to count them your self
    The site/app does it all for you.

1. fill in your stats and goals
    2. Weigh all your food in grams and add it ( log it) here on the site. It calculate it all for you
    3. Stick around your total calorie daily allowance and you will reach your goal.
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The most important is to buy a food scale and use it. Caloric counts per serving is listed on most packaged foods. I typically use the grams amount as it is easier for me. then, as the other poster said, the site will do the rest.
    This. I was reluctant to get a scale at first, because I was afraid it would feed into my tendency for disordered eating, but I'm glad I made the leap. Scales are inexpensive, easy to use, and it has really helped me to stay on track. The only annoying bit is trying to find accurate entries in the MFP database once you know how many grams are in your lettuce or nectarines, etc. MFP really needs to overhaul their database IMHO.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    The most important is to buy a food scale and use it. Caloric counts per serving is listed on most packaged foods. I typically use the grams amount as it is easier for me. then, as the other poster said, the site will do the rest.
    This. I was reluctant to get a scale at first, because I was afraid it would feed into my tendency for disordered eating, but I'm glad I made the leap. Scales are inexpensive, easy to use, and it has really helped me to stay on track. The only annoying bit is trying to find accurate entries in the MFP database once you know how many grams are in your lettuce or nectarines, etc. MFP really needs to overhaul their database IMHO.

the members are making the entrees so their own fault to not check it.
    I just find the right entree and check this one at the USDA site...when right i use it. When not i make my own correct entree.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Is your profile pic you?

If so, you don't need help with nothin', Bro, right?