post workout whey with carbs or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    is your weight in pounds or kilos?

The main thing you need to drink after working out is water, assuming you've been sweating.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    You really should be doing a balanced full body workout. Just doing upper body is pretty pointless esp as you're trying to lose weight.

If you feel sick doing lower body you need to see your doctor if you don't have a medic condition as that is not nomal.

Again weightloss is calories in < calories out and you won't burn many calories at all just going an upper body workout. In fact if your post workout drink adds more calories than you need you'll just be spinning your wheels and going no where.

How many calories are you eating a day?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If your objective is to lose weight then calorie defecit is king

If you are into supplementing that should only be because you are by getting adequate protein in your diet within your calories - do you know how much protein you need to consume

If you can only do an upper body workout you need to see a doctor...what you need is a full body progressive resistance programme ...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ok...
    craigheon wrote: »
    It is important to get both protein and carbs post workout. When you work out, you are depleting your glycogen stores in your muscles. In order to refuel that, you need carbs, specifically fast absorbing carbs. I actually eat a few Rice Krispie Treats. Others use pixie sticks, gummy bears, etc. If you think I'm crazy... do more research and you'll find it's true. The goal is about 30-50g of fast acting carbs, and about 25g protein post workout.

That's a meal for someone who is trying to lose weight.

So what shall i do...mix my whey with juice???pls reply

It depends on how many calories you want to use on the whey. Mixing it with milk will provide enough carbs - you don't need huge amounts immediately afterward.

Honestly none of this will affect the weightloss you are looking for. - that comes down to calories in/calories out.

How much weight are you looking to lose?

well i m 5.2 ..female..weight is 61..i wanna be 50...and i do only half n hour weightz...and i drink chocolate milk...but seeing no differnce in 20 sessions of upper body weight training

What kind of change did you expect to see

What kind of "upper body weight training" are you doing?

I have a horrible feeling you're wasting time and effort on something that is going to make no difference to your goals or eventual physique

And why are you drinking chocolate milk? If it's cos you love the taste and it fits easily into your calorie defecit then all good but you might be better using the calories on a 0% Greek yogurt which will give you a big protein bang for your calorie spend
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Get a new trainer.....
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »
    OP, listen to the @Iron_Feline. For weight loss it's all about the calories.

Weight training will help you minimize muscle loss during your weight loss, so you lose more fat than muscle. Muscle mass gains during weight loss are usually minimal, but you can gain strength and your muscles will feel bigger because of the pump. How much you retain or gain is dependent on the load you put on the muscles. Protein is required for muscle repair but you don't need a supplement to accomplish this. If you chose to supplement, you can have it with water or milk, really doesn't matter.

Thats so beautiful written...can u pls tell me what shall i drink after weiggt training...only skim milk ia fine

Can't give a meaningful answer to that without knowing the details of everything else you eat.

Are you in a deficit?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Ok...
    craigheon wrote: »
    It is important to get both protein and carbs post workout. When you work out, you are depleting your glycogen stores in your muscles. In order to refuel that, you need carbs, specifically fast absorbing carbs. I actually eat a few Rice Krispie Treats. Others use pixie sticks, gummy bears, etc. If you think I'm crazy... do more research and you'll find it's true. The goal is about 30-50g of fast acting carbs, and about 25g protein post workout.

That's a meal for someone who is trying to lose weight.

So what shall i do...mix my whey with juice???pls reply

It depends on how many calories you want to use on the whey. Mixing it with milk will provide enough carbs - you don't need huge amounts immediately afterward.

Honestly none of this will affect the weightloss you are looking for. - that comes down to calories in/calories out.

How much weight are you looking to lose?

well i m 5.2 ..female..weight is 61..i wanna be 50...and i do only half n hour weightz...and i drink chocolate milk...but seeing no differnce in 20 sessions of upper body weight training

What kind of change did you expect to see

What kind of "upper body weight training" are you doing?

I have a horrible feeling you're wasting time and effort on something that is going to make no difference to your goals or eventual physique

And why are you drinking chocolate milk? If it's cos you love the taste and it fits easily into your calorie defecit then all good but you might be better using the calories on a 0% Greek yogurt which will give you a big protein bang for your calorie spend

I need to consume only 40 grams of protein...because i cant digest more protein...also i cant have greet yoghurt because it is not avaiable in india...so i have chocolate milk...also i feel nauseatic and puke following my lower body trainibg..my doc says i nneed to consumd more sodium or dehydration...but i do drink ors..but it.make no differnce..
    So any post workout options rather than chocllate milk

40 grams of protein is extremely low. You are not going to build much muscle eating 40 grams of protein.

Also, why can't you digest more than 40 grams of protein? Do you have a medical condition?

Post workout ideas:

Protein bar
    Protein shake
    Cottage cheese with fruit
    Beef jerky
    Deli meat and cheese roll ups
    Peanut butter on toast
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I think you should open your diary.