Jillian Michaels Body Revolution Results

Options
I finished the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program this past weekend and wanted to share my results. I stared in February and worked my way through to the second half of Phase 2. My hubby and I went on vacation and I fell off the wagon for a couple of weeks, so when I started over again in late April I started back from the beginning. I started taking measurements March 3, and as of 7/12 I've lost 17.75 inches from my arms, thighs, waist, and hips. I've lost 17 pounds (40 lbs total since January 5 when I changed my diet). I followed the DVD program fully, added C25K three days a week for extra cardio, and followed MFP guidelines for calorie intake instead of doing the diet plan included with the program.

The down side of the program is that these workouts are tough. It's not a program for beginners. There are a lot of plyometric moves in these workouts and if you have bad knees or ankles I really don't see you being able to complete it as there are not low impact modifiers for a lot of the exercises.

Overall I have come out of this stronger than I have ever been and I have put on a lot of muscle! I am going to try P90X next as I want to try to see more muscle definition, but will probably do another round of this program down the road.
gff3r0pqysak.jpg6hej5x3sytr9.jpg

a1b4rowypf2j.jpg

Replies

• crybaby2384
    crybaby2384 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great job. Today was my first day of week 2.
  • britebloomz
    britebloomz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your hard work is paying off. You should be really proud of your progress .
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My hat's off to you! Those are hard workouts. I tried last year, got through the 1st two weeks with little problem...tried week 3 and said Nope! my body just wasn't ready for those things yet.
    I may have to do another rotation on 30DS and RI30 before attempting BR again.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I thought BR was supposed to be easier than 30DS and RI30! What makes them more challenging?
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow fantastic!!
  • ROSYLIPS
    ROSYLIPS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    congrats!!!! you got a good result! i think maybe most people on body revolution have good motivation from you!
  • HeatherNichole1978
    HeatherNichole1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I thought BR was supposed to be easier than 30DS and RI30! What makes them more challenging?

It's been a long time since I've done 30DS and I haven't done RI30, but this is a much more intense workout than any of her other DVD's I've done. I've started P90X since I've finished Body Revolution, and have realized that many of the moves Jillian uses in BR are used in P90X as well if that gives you an indication of the intensity level. It is very high impact and while they provide modifications for some moves, there are many that do not have modifications.