Period question for my fellow women

Options
jujuja
jujuja Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I know it isn't the hottest topic, but I was wondering when your cravings and excess water weight/cravings are with your cycle. For years it was truly PRE-menstral for me, as soon as I would hit the first day the cravings would subside and I would lose a couple pounds. As I get closer to 40, my cravings and weight gain start with the first day and lasts to the end. I know it is a weird question, but I figure there are lots of women that track that sort of thing here:)

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have 2 times a month this stuff happens.

Day TOM starts till it ends slight gain + cravings
    And more recently also
    A few days before & after Ovulation: slight gain or no change in weight + cravings
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes, mine got worse. Everything got worse - the cravings, the bloating, irritability, all of it. I had none of it until I was into my 30s and then it was just pre- stuff, ended on day 1 or 2 of my period.

In my 40s, it all changed. It got much worse, started earlier and didn't go away until the end or after my period.

Now, mid-forties, I get all the pre- stuff and it lasts about a week and goes away...but no period. All the period symptoms, lol, but none of the mess to deal with. :)

There's a small menopause group here. This is exactly the kind of thing discussed there. You don't have to be in full-blown menopause. :) You should join! :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    i agree with this post...as soon as i hear i want junk food and lets have lots of sex....i know the week after im going to have to be really quiet and nice to her.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I start gaining and getting hungry at ovulation and it doesn't go away until well after my period is over. So there's like one week a month when I have muscle definition in my stomach and I don't want to punch people.

• Skibop2010
    Skibop2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I crave a week before my period, and gain during it. After my period, all the water just flushes out and I notice I've lost a pound lol
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, steak, and salt the week before and during. And a heating pad....

I switched BC and I am much happier now the rest of the time but period pain is worse. The cravings increased with the new BC.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I start gaining and getting hungry at ovulation and it doesn't go away until well after my period is over. So there's like one week a month when I have muscle definition in my stomach and I don't want to punch people.

This is very much how I felt. One good week.

Now that I'm having Hide And Go Seek Periods, it's calmed back down and is more like 7-10 bad days.
  • tottie3912
    tottie3912 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My times are much better now in my early 40's than they were in my 20's or 30's. I experience less cravings (and less agitation for that matter). I usually see 1-2 pound weight gain PRE-Menstral. The main thing I deal with is being completely drained for the first day. But I can deal with that any day over feeling crazy. lol
  • tottie3912
    tottie3912 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mrj183 wrote: »
    i agree with this post...as soon as i hear i want junk food and lets have lots of sex....i know the week after im going to have to be really quiet and nice to her.

lmao
  • eved305
    eved305 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok pre, tired during but no real gain until after. The next 2-3 days I'll gain a few lbs and then they are just gone after that.
  • SunnyPacheco
    SunnyPacheco Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I start bloating 1-2 lbs a day or two pre and have cravings and stay bloated until it's over. I'm in my mid-20's.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Sore breasts, sometimes ovulation pain--nothing else.

I don't have cravings, bloat, weight gain, etc.

I no longer have my uterus, but everything else is the same.
  • jujuja
    Options
    Thanks everyone for being so straightforward. I was like "should I post, oh my god, I posted, who did I do that?" Of course, it is day 1 so I feel like a crazy person.
  • jujuja
    Options
    Kalikel, I may join -thanks!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jujuja wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for being so straightforward. I was like "should I post, oh my god, I posted, who did I do that?" Of course, it is day 1 so I feel like a crazy person.

This gets brought up regularly. If you do a search you'll find hundreds of threads :)
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    "my fellow women" :smiley:
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 47 and had an endometrial ablation 12 months ago..It was like a magic cure. .no sore boobs, no cravings...still a slight bloating. ...no or little blood loss ( sorry gross ).... Best thing I did..I didn't know much about it til I researched on line... :wink: