Please tell me to just do it.

Options
I am a teacher, broken up for the Summer. This gives me lots of exercise time, and I am using it. Today I don't want to, but I know me and I know how easily I slip into bad habits. Also, my weight loss has slowed down, creating a sense of "meh". I know the way to break this is to do more rather than less , so I WILL go, am about to go. Remind me, why am I going?

Replies

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    The meh is hard to beat. I also face the meh at the moment because I am 5.7 and 160 pounds, so with clothes on look like the decent side of "normal". I have people I know wailing on me that I am not fat (as only obese counts as fat to most folks) which makes it tempting to slack off.

Why should we settle for mediocre though? We should get to our goals and not just look acceptable in clothes, we should also look awesome in string bikinis - if we ever felt like wearing string bikinis!

It is ok to hold yourself to a higher standard. Allow yourself to be whatever level of awesome works for you!

It is super satisfying to be in great shape and stay in it. You deserve it :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You shoul double checck your consymotion accuracy as well as learning to be patient. If you are relying on exercise to burn calories, then understand its limitations.

I often feel better by just going and doing it rather than fretting about it or feeling I havent done my best by not going. Its simply less hassle and more beneficial to get to it, so off you go....

Your reasons for losing weight are your own, but thibnk of the pros and cons of being fat and unhealthy to thinner and fit.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Just do it! Think of how great you'll feel once you finish exercising. Make it about more than the weight loss, think about getting fitter, feeling those endorphins, enjoying the extra time for yourself etc.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Stop using the word "just". It's a qualifier and serves to dismiss the importance of any endeavor.
  • jonesfamily8408
    jonesfamily8408 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just do it.... u will feel great after....i just did.
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    When I feel like that, I tell myself I'll just do a really short workout, and by the time I've started, I usually feel so good that I do the whole thing. Crappy days can often lead to the best workouts :)
    Stop using the word "just". It's a qualifier and serves to dismiss the importance of any endeavor.

https://debuk.wordpress.com/2015/07/05/just-dont-do-it/
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am back from having done it - 35 minutes on the elliptical and some strength, core and balance work. I will top it up later with a brisk country walk. Thanks for the leg up, everyone; we all need one sometimes. Soopatt, I am also 5'7" and won't be happy till I am at least 150 (currently 175). I am with you on the theoretical string bikini!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    do it