Not losing - so decrease calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• cbrook29
    cbrook29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Increase cardio and reduce sugar intake as some suggested "stevia". Beware cardio increases appetite. I haven't seen your diary but if you are eating foods higher in protein and fats (good fats) within your macros you will feel more satisfied and "full", leading to less binging (not implying you do). Eliminate juice and reduce the amount of bread in general. Also include strength training - every pound of muscle helps burn more calories. NEVER GIVE UP!!! you are on the verge of a break thru.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Lola2248 wrote: »
    I'm not losing. for 85 days I have lost 7lbs. Something is off. I am much more accurate with my logging now so I am thinking of lowering my Calorie allowance.

Its set at 1550 for 1lb a week. So lowering it will be tough, but what else can I do :-(

A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight.

Read the Sexypants post to understand how MFP works: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • eyeofnewt555
    eyeofnewt555 Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Lola2248 wrote: »
    I'm not losing. for 85 days I have lost 7lbs. Something is off. I am much more accurate with my logging now so I am thinking of lowering my Calorie allowance.

Its set at 1550 for 1lb a week. So lowering it will be tough, but what else can I do :-(

A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight. You lost 7 lbs. in 12 weeks—1.73 lb. per week. I don't see the problem.

Read the Sexypants post to understand how MFP works: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Math double check time:

7lb/12wk = .6 lb/wk (which is >.5lb/wk and perfectly fine)

I think you did 12wk/7lb

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Math double check time:

7lb/12wk = .6 lb/wk (which is >.5lb/wk and perfectly fine)

I think you did 12wk/7lb

Thanks!