Help for Inner and outer Thigh Toning Please

Options
Hi all, I am struggling to try and tone my thighs :( does anyone have any exercise I can use to help, and add or change to my exercise plan? I jog a bit and use a stair like machine and lunges any other help would be very much appreciated :) thanks in advance

Replies

• Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as "toning". You can build muscle and lower overall body fat.

Fat loss is ofcourse a matter of diet, and since you can't spot reduce you simply have to continue dropping your body fat percentage through a calorie deficit until the fat on your legs is where you want it. building muscle however wont be done with the exercises you have listed. With the possible exception of lunges assuming they are weighted and progressive.

You want a progressive heavy weight training program like 5x5 and a calorie surplus to build muscle.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    squats and dead lifts, and eat less.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce an area. And toning doesn't really mean anything. What you're actually wanting is to lose the fat over your thighs.

For that: eat a calorie deficit and patience. It takes time to lose weight, and genetics determines where you lose it form. For myself, my thighs, hips, and butt are the last place I lose weight.

For a slim/shapely look: you should look into weight lifting. Cardio won't get you the "toned" look you're after. A beginner's program like Stronglifts 5x5, New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, or Strongcurves are all good ones. And don't worry: you WILL NOT bulk up if you lift weights. Plus, lifting weights helps retain your muscle mass, so you look smaller as you lose.
  • sarahmcs65
    sarahmcs65 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am eating a good diet, but not adding weight to my squats, so yeah will try that :)
  • sarahmcs65
    Options
    Thanks, are these Programs you mention to follow on line?
  • SooPhillips66
    SooPhillips66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I might suggest the wallsit challenge, my thighs definitely firmed up by the end of the 30 days where you build up to 5 minutes. I now maintain by trying to do every second or third day so that I don't loose the strength that has built up in that area, but I do squats at least twice a week in a bootcamp too, good luck
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    sarahmcs65 wrote: »

most of them are books, which are worth buying and reading.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    sarahmcs65 wrote: »

Stronglifts has an app for your phone. It's one of the more simple programs.
    Starting Strength can be found via the Google. Here and here.
    Strongcurves can be found via the Google as well.
    New Rules of Lifting for Women is a book you can get off Amazon.

Another option is to use some of the programs on bodybuilding.com. You would put in your goals and level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and it will give you various programs you could follow.
  • sarahmcs65
    Options
    Thank you all, just had quick look and yes will be adding these gradually to my workouts :)
    With the wall sit, did you do it for as long as you could to start with then just try to hold for longer?