Water diet: does it work?

Options
2»

Replies

• michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Get the word diet in any way out of your mind & call it hydration. Drink water all day & you won't need to obsess over following a timed schedule. Good hydration will flush your system of impurities and hydrate you. Calories in vs. calories out will make you lose weight. Good luck,
  • esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ffbrown25 wrote: »
    I'm sure that it'd help keep your belly full, which would probably help with your appetite, but you'd be hella bloated with water weight.

Drinking water does not cause water weight gain.

Retained water is caused by too much sodium, and is a temporary condition. Indeed, the way to alleviate water weight gain is to actually drink lots of water. ;)

You're right with the sodium and water retention

I appreciate the insightful feedbacks. You know who you are.

I'll just stick to my guns and eat cleaner and work out.

Good plan! Also, drinking plenty of water does help you in general. Being hydrated will help your body function more smoothly overall, giving you more energy, reducing the possibility of confusing thirst for hunger, keeping you from retaining too much water (seems backwards but true, as long as you have healthy renal function), and some people do find it useful to drink a glass of water prior to eating to fill them up. I personally would rather fill my belly with lots of fresh veggies with my meals, this helps immensely with hunger and feelings of satiety.
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This isn't a water diet. It's drinking water.

QFT.