Acceptance

Options
Hello MFP friends.
As I hop back onto my fitness goals and lifelong journey of change, I constantly think about my past, present and future. I realize that when I am most dedicated to my commitment to be happier and healthier is when I write about it. A BIG topic that often comes up with happy and healthy is acceptance. So, I want to write about this in what I hope to be a series of online articles somewhere. A place of inspiration for others. I often find strength in what others say about their journeys and I want to give back as I make the same journey.

My question for you:
What can you say about acceptance?
Is it tied into your success with weight loss? Does it bring about a notion of negativity when you think about it? Do we focus on acceptance too much before accepting ourselves? What does the word mean to you?

As a community of people striving for common goals, it will be interesting to read the differences in what the word means to us.

Have a fabulous day and drink that h20!!!

Danielle

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    If I accepted my weight, I'd still be Obese Class II. No, thanks.

Accepting yourself doesn't mean accepting what you've done to your body.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Accepting what?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Why not use the blog feature?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Accepting what?
    +1

What am I accepting?
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I think self acceptance is useful but not always necessary to achieve goals.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What exactly is OP talking about?
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I choose to accept myself no matter what. I'm embarking on this fun journey with myself to be thinner. It's my new hobby. I evaluate each day and work toward making better and better choices. Others accepting me? The devil may care what others think about my looks. That's their own issues.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Happiness comes from accepting your circumstances, not from accepting how you handle those circumstances. Our circumstances are often force upon us, but we can always improve how we react.