Day One...just getting my goals down 30 pounds in 30 weeks!

Options
Hi everyone, I want to lose 30 pounds in 6 months. I do not want to lose bone or muscle mass. I have a beautiful wee Pug (moomoo) whom I have been giving too many treats to, this needs to stop, I love her too much for that. She has 6 inch legs and is never going to be my walking companion. I live in greater phoenix so half of the year our temps are 110 Fahrenheit and outdoor exercise is OUT! But now for the glorious part of desert living we have fantastic winters and often can wear shorts for most of it. It is then that moomoo and I get going, but we want all year fun now and I have just (on my way to my office) bought 2 5# dumbbells and 3 resistance bands. I will exercise indoors. Luckily I own a 2 story home and do get the use of my stairs. The community College is 3 miles from home in a straight line and they have a very nice weight room. I will get in a class and then I get to have unlimited use of it and the POOL! I also got a bycycle for Christmas and I plan to get it out of the corner of my garage and park it in front of my door. This will work I am 5'7.5" and plan to weigh 132 to 127 pounds by the time I take my Mexican Riviera Cruise on 13th - 20th December! I am going to buy new trainers/sneakers for walking the plank, lol decks!

I would be happy to partner with those of you here in supporting one another. I would be grateful for any tips and hints or good recipes.