I love my new lifestyle!

Let me just say that I have used this app many times in the past few years. However, I have never stuck with it like I am now. It's not easy, especially as a college kid who is always around food. And I will be honest and say I am not very good at eating right--- I'm the girl who has always had the fast metabolism so I never really had to care about what I put in my mouth. But when I realized that that's not really good for my body, and how I could tell my metabolism was starting to slow down, I knew I needed a life change.
As far as this app goes, I am in no way perfect. I am not one of those "2 oz of grilled chicken, a bite of a kale chip, protein shake" kinda gal. Since I still live with my parents, it's kind of hard to eat healthy since the healthiest thing they buy is Special K and Raisin Bran Crunch. Lol. And when I first started this app, it was hard. I found myself lying a lot about what I was eating to stay in my limits, as if it were for my benefit. But this week was monumental. This week, I was 100% honest about what I ate, I attempted to eat healthy, and if I didn't, I remembered portion sizes and still logged it ALL--- and guess what, I still made it under my goal calories of the day! That is so exciting to me.
Aside from eating, I also met some monumental exercise goals this week. I just feel myself getting stronger and healthier. I feel better about myself which was the real goal. I still haven't stepped on a scale, but that can't possibly mean as much to me as laying down at night knowing that I honestly ate within my calorie goals + a hard work-out.
My advice to anyone struggling-- stick with it and stay honest! My road is nowhere near done, I was just feeling so amazing this morning. Thanks for reading! Please comment below with any words of wisdom/critiquing/encouragement!!

Replies

• eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Good for you! I have found that making friends here has helped me for accountability as well.
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Congrats! There is no point in using MFP if you are not honest with yourself. And gaining strength is important IMO, keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!