Flat belly and abs

Options
I had a almost deadly reaction to cervical epidural injections that caused my belly to swell larger than my three pregnancies. I am struggling to get my flat belly and abs back. I have tried all kinds of sit ups, leg lifts, and planks it seems to help some but I just cannot get back to where I was before I had the adverse reaction can anyone make any suggestions? I know abs are made in the kitchen and I really watch my diet. I don't know what else to do it's very frustrating!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    If it was just swelling then you should be back to normal once the inflammation is gone.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you cannot spot reduce. and you might not be able to be back to where you were after having the children

you can reduce your overall fat. the leaner you are, the more prevelant the muscles will be
  • notthenanny
    notthenanny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh my post may have been misunderstood I got back to a flat belly after my kids youngest is 13. I was hospitalized after 3 cervical epidurals in my neck last December which caused my belly to swell bigger than all3 pregnancies
  • notthenanny
    notthenanny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    If it was just swelling then you should be back to normal once the inflammation is gone.
    Boy I hope so ! It has been a painfully slow process. I'm not gigantic like I was but feel like I have hit a plateau