Any college kids?

Options
Hi!

I'm Steph, I turn 20 next month. I'm home from college for the summer and I'm really trying to make a healthy change. I'm not overweight, but I'm not fit, and I know youth won't keep the weight off too much longer. I really want develop healthier habits and I am loving MFP so far. Weight loss isn't my goal so much as losing inches and getting toned (since I'll probably weigh MORE when I replace fat with muscle). It's difficult when most of my friends are not as concerned with being healthy. Luckily, my mom is joining me. We are working out every day together and trying new healthy recipes every week.

Who else is trying to make some healthy changes BEFORE the weight is packed on?

Replies

• mc54iznit
    mc54iznit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can't say I made changes BEFORE weight was packed on, I was always a fatty, but I am in college though lol. I know the feeling of making healthy changes though, I was always the guy at the party that could drink everyone under the table, now I won't even touch a beer =/. Its all worth it though. What helped me was taking the initiative with friends, instead of waiting for them to invite me to a party, I'd invite them to go rock climbing or mini golfing, basically anything that involves some kind of activity. I also like to invite people over and cook for them, that way I have control of the meal (muahahaha), it works out for everyone because I cook healthy but delicious things, most college kids won't turn down a nice meal of fresh grilled steaks, steamed veggies and warm rice. MMMM
  • getfitcharles
    Options
    Brilliant! :)
    I'm 21 in September and will be going back to university to re-attempt my second year. I was actually underweight when I first started, and have since gained around 20lbs but most of it is fat, which I'm far from happy about. So I'm working on losing a bit of it, then adding muscle instead. I'm definitely with you on the fitness over 'numbers on the scale' mentality.