I DON'T GET IT..HELP PLS..

Options
2»

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    fogurina wrote: »
    The calories from work are a fact though.so should I still leave em out or no?

They should be part of your daily TDEE, not entered extra as exercise. What you do every day should be figured into your normal daily burn. Working in a factory, if you're on your feet all day, you can probably use Active or Very Active, depending on what your normal work load is. Then, whenever you do actually do some kind of exercise outside of your normal life, that's what you enter as exercise in MFP.

You might try something like another calculator and see what it tells you your normal daily burn is. That one seems to be (at least for me) a little more accurate than MFP, and you can set a custom daily calorie limit if you want to.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options

Your default MFP calorie goal is activity level minus deficit, so at the end of the day you're supposed to have no more than 100-ish calories left over. Undereating won't get you to goal any more quickly.

But how did you get those calories from work? If you have an activity tracker (like Fitbit) and if (and only if) you've enabled negative calorie adjustments in your diary settings, then eating back your adjustments means you're eating TDEE minus deficit.

If you got 1,100 calories for logging your work as exercise, then you're doing it wrong. Work (including housework, yard work, childcare, and commuting) is part of your activity level, and should never be logged as exercise. Work = activity level. Workouts = exercise.
  • fogurina
    fogurina Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

They should be part of your daily TDEE, not entered extra as exercise. What you do every day should be figured into your normal daily burn. Working in a factory, if you're on your feet all day, you can probably use Active or Very Active, depending on what your normal work load is. Then, whenever you do actually do some kind of exercise outside of your normal life, that's what you enter as exercise in MFP.

You might try something like another calculator and see what it tells you your normal daily burn is. That one seems to be (at least for me) a little more accurate than MFP, and you can set a custom daily calorie limit if you want to.

Ohh OK.gotcha:-) thanks.so OK,if I don't do anything but lay in bed for 24 hours,and only eat 1400 calories,would I still lose?or my case,at work all day,and no exercise,eating 1400 calories,would that create the deficit?I think it would,because my TDEE IS 2400.AM I right?lol

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

Ohh OK.gotcha:-) thanks.so OK,if I don't do anything but lay in bed for 24 hours,and only eat 1400 calories,would I still lose?or my case,at work all day,and no exercise,eating 1400 calories,would that create the deficit?I think it would,because my TDEE IS 2400.AM I right?lol

Math R Hard. ><

Is the 2400 TDEE what the calculator is giving you? If it is, and you've put in for a deficit on it, then that's what your normal daily calorie burn would be to lose weight, as long as you're working the same job. Days off you want to cut back your food, but daily isn't as important as what you average out to for the week. Don't worry about your BMR, that's not what you should work towards. It's only used to calculate your TDEE.

Honestly, if you want a much more accurate idea of your daily calorie burn without exercise, you're going to need to get a tracker with a heart rate monitor. Wear it every day for a normal week, without exercise, and average it out. That should be the most accurate way to tell. And I feel like an idiot for not thinking of this until right now. *headdesk*

For food, it might be best to just focus on logging accurately with scale for a couple weeks to get a baseline of where you are starting from. Then, you can start adjusting to match what you calorie goal is.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

Yes, 1400 has the deficit in it. MFP calculates deficit before any exercise is entered.