How long did it take you to get rid of your back boobs?

Options
I know you can't spot reduce and I already searched the forums but didn't see a similar post. I know that they will eventually go away but I'm just curious as to the time frame. I'm currently 242, down from 289.2 lbs, and I still have them, though I don't remember if they were worse at my higher weight. I probably avoided looking at them back then.

So, I'm sure most people don't have pictures but I'm curious to hear your stories on how long it took to reduce/get rid of them and what weight you noticed them going away.

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Back boobs? New term for me. Is this something new to worry abou, lol?
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Kalikel If you've never heard of them then you probably don't have them. It's that bit of excess fat on the back that's kind of droopy and hangs like old saggy boobs right where they aren't supposed to be :/
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Now I have to examine my back, lol.
  • plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't you just hate it! A pet hate of mine, I've lost weight and like you I'm not sure how much they have reduced, I'm told by others they have but I think we sometimes overestimate how bad/ugly the are based on our perceptions, well done on the weight loss so far keep your focus they must be reducing if your getting smaller
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi pal :) I'm 5'5" and mine disappeared last time at around 220lbs. :) I remember thinking how weird it was when I looked and noticed they were gone, I'm looking forward to that again!
  • jessicapk
    Options
    @plaffo786 Yes, they are terrible! Like Kalikel, there was a time when I didn't even know they existed LOL I think part of the problem is that we look at them all twisted up in the bathroom mirror and all that does is make them worse!
  • jessicapk
    Options
    @BethClicks Seriously??? 225 is my first MAJOR goal weight and that would be the best reward to look in the mirror and not see them! Hopefully, I'll still have my front ones at that point :smiley: I think you're right around the same weight as me so we shall celebrate soon!
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I started at 187 and currently Im at 158... they are smaller but still there.... I really noticed them alot less at 140lbs but I dont know if they ever really completely go away, for me anyways i would have to be at a really low body fat more than likely!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

I've never heard of them either, except from my husband, but I'm pretty sure he meant something else.
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    @BethClicks Seriously??? 225 is my first MAJOR goal weight and that would be the best reward to look in the mirror and not see them! Hopefully, I'll still have my front ones at that point :smiley: I think you're right around the same weight as me so we shall celebrate soon!

I second that on the 'front boobs' I've already gone down a cup size. I like my bum getting smaller, but I'd really like to keep my little boobies!

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    If i think it is what you are talking about ! Oh I Cant wait for them to go away, I had actually a double back boob, coming from 300 lbs it's no shock, but level 1 of the back boob are gone now at 225lbs ad hoping that by onederland they will be completely gone, ummm I'm not sure if mine are just fat rolls. Going to have to google it :p
  • jessicapk
    Options
    @jmac4263 Thanks for the input! Maybe you'll knock them out one day! We're all so different, to be made of basically the same material. I'm hoping we have some good genetics in my family.

@Need2Exerc1se Another one of the lucky ones! I wish I'd never heard of them or knew they existed :p
  • jessicapk
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @BethClicks I was a DD at 289 lbs and can fill out a C cup on a good day nowadays. They dropped suddenly but seem to be stabilizing so maybe it shifted to the back! I like my booty and my boobs but they have a rightful place in this world, UNLIKE the back boobs!

@karyabc I might have had those double ones, too :s I'm not sure if I can handle a google image search of that one! Doing too good to induce major depression LOL It's looking like 200-225 can at least bring about a major reduction.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

I've never heard of them either, except from my husband, but I'm pretty sure he meant something else.
    Lol. Men.

I checked. I don't have them. If I did at some point, I'm very glad I didn't know.

The front ones are in sorry shape...very sorry shape...but back ones don't exist. So yay that.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Er...what?

I was 110 pounds overweight at one point, but I don't think I ever had these...or have any idea what you are talking about.

You may need to post an example/picture.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I see that and think that the person just needs to stand up straight! Horrible posture!

If I ever had those, they must have been the first thing to go.

OP, what kinds of workouts do you do? Both swimming and weight lifting might be helpful.
  • jessicapk
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Kalikel Lucky you on the back ones and I'm sorry for your front ones :(

@azulvioleta6 Lucky you, too! Looks like another poster put up an example and that's exactly what they look like. I'm fortunate that I don't have the second set but the top ones are at least a B cup LOL

@amyrebeccah Thanks for the example!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I also recommend a really good bra. Old, stretched out, ill-fitting bras can make things like rolls and back boobs look worse. (Hint: Look for specialty lingerie shops where they have sizes in the FF-GG+ range. You might not be that size, but they'll carry better brands of bras and be able to size you accurately. There's a lot of people walking around in the wrong size.)
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    @BethClicks I was a DD at 289 lbs and can fill out a C cup on a good day nowadays. They dropped suddenly but seem to be stabilizing so maybe it shifted to the back! I like my booty and my boobs but they have a rightful place in this world, UNLIKE the back boobs!

@karyabc I might have had those double ones, too :s I'm not sure if I can handle a google image search of that one! Doing too good to induce major depression LOL It's looking like 200-225 can at least bring about a major reduction.

Oh lord yes indeed, it was what I was thinking , I google it and it wasn't at all fun :s , but don't lose your hope, they will be gone ! Like I told you, I had major back boob like 2 levels of them, level 1 is gone and feel positive that by onederland they will be all gone forever
  • jessicapk
    Options
    @karyabc Thanks! It'll be nice to see them slowly reducing and withering away :p