Curious -

Options
MsSquatAlot
MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
How much do you typically spend on groceries every month and how big is your family?

We are a family of 4 (myself, husband & 2 little ones) and typically spend about $700 or so on groceries.

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Ouch, we are a family of 6 (4 full time, 6 half time) and we only spend about $400.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Options
    I know :/ Whole Foods and Trader Joes, mostly. That is why I am curious haha
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Fareway for meats, HyVee for produce and Walmart for everything else.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I spend about $300 a month for myself and my son. We are in NYC and everything is expensive here.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    How much do you typically spend on groceries every month and how big is your family?

We are a family of 4 (myself, husband & 2 little ones) and typically spend about $700 or so on groceries.

Family of four, boys are 11 and 14 and we usually do around $400-$500 in groceries and probably the same each month in eating out. We are RARELY able to eat at home so most of what we get grocery wise is for lunch and breakfast. Dinners are almost always on the road somewhere.

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    About a kilobuck a month for a family of 6, including two teenage boys. We rarely dine out.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i budget $400 a month. and we are usually a little less. it depends on if we have to stock up on things like trash bags, foil, ziplock bags, laundry detergent, etc.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Options
    i budget $400 a month. and we are usually a little less. it depends on if we have to stock up on things like trash bags, foil, ziplock bags, laundry detergent, etc.

Good point, I did not factor in those expenses into consideration of this.