Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Share your favorite gym fail

Options

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I've accidentally mooned a physical therapist while transferring from my wheelchair to a mat and back again.
    I've also suffered embarrassing leakage more than once.
    I once crop-dusted a riding arena with the bouncy horse's help. Oops!
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Fun fact about my gym. It's full of old time powerlifters and beat up old body builders who are a great source of motivation, support and advice for anyone willing to listen. The downside... When a person goes to break their PRs on a lift you get an audience and the silent witnesses remember.

2 years ago when I finally broke 405 on my deadlift I became so excited that after setting the bar down for my final rep I quite literally did a burpee, catching my toes on the bar and face planting into the power rack which happened to be in front of me. Now, every time I go to break a PR there is at least one person there who will quietly chant "face plant, face plant" as a reminder of what NOT to do.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

/quote]

Tell your brother to suck it up.

His teeth came through his lip and had to have stitches and he was 12... :neutral:
    but you didn't know that so its cool. :smile:
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    When I was twenty three I decided to go to gym late at night and work on. I decided to start off with the decline bench press. Everything was going smoothly until I decided to to go heavier. I was trying to bench 305 but I got stuck. I tried getting it off my chest by myself, but failed. Fortunately someone helped me out. But did I learn my lesson? No I didn't cause I tried doing it again right after it got stuck on me. I tried it again but unfortunately I failed at it again.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I worked out at a friend's apartment complex gym with her. One of her neighbors had crazy conservative ideals and was spouting off about them to us. I played along because it was cracking up my friend, and I figured I would never have to see this nutjob again.

But I did see her again, in a busy grocery store, and she was so loud and racist and I really regretted that I had ever played long.

But my biggest gym fail was not listening to advice that I should use the weight machines as well as the cardio equipment. Dummy.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    I loved reading all of these! Keep 'em coming!
  • KT_3009
    KT_3009 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I fell off the rowing machine and looked like an awkward turtle because my feet were still strapped in hahaha
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I have two.
    1. Farting while doing heavy leg presses... Too many times to remember.

2. In a powerlifting competition I grabbed the bar too far to one side and so when I tried to lift it, it was uneven and I had to drop it. I had never done that before and it was embarrassing to do in a room full of experienced lifters.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    Oh Man!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Doing squats on the smith machine and falling with the bar on me. The guys all ran over and helped. Lesson learned that day. Lol
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    This is more gym class than adult gym, but when I was in high school we had to do pushups one day. I decided I was going to try for a real pushup and not a knee pushup, but I did not have the strength for it...I was so weak I literally fell on my face when my arms gave out.

The worst part was not my gym teacher laughing at me, it was when he reminded me of it the following week when he told me his friends all thought it was funny too.

As an adult, every real pushup I do is sweet, sweet revenge on that *kitten*.
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    While demonstrating marching crunches on a stability ball in front of my class, I fell off the stability ball
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    Yikes! lol I feel for you guys!
  • jennmpantoja
    jennmpantoja Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    This morning. I was doing crab position while I had to kick my leg up to touch my other arm. Well while I was doing that I slipped and fell on my butt!! LOL!! My trainer & I were laughing.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Dropped a 70 on my toe. Pinched my hand on 405 rack pulls when re racking. Ripped a huge calus during deadlifts at the gym. Blood all down my hand and forearm. Missed the bench (well sideways) when laying back for db bench lol. Slid off an had to throw the weights away from me. Lol That one was several years ago. My life is exciting.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    :# Holy cow!!!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    one of the machines had a broken part, but was not marked out of order, and I didn't realize anything was wrong. I went to lift and BAM one of the handles hit me in the nose. I was stunned for a few minutes. I just sat there going "uhhhhhhguhhhhhh unnggggh" and it was not pleasant at all.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    Options
    Oh geez! So sucks!
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,417 Member
    Options
    Not sure if gym fail but my friend answered my joke mass text-message about "working out at 12:30am" and actually dared me to show up, pick her up, and head to the gym. Showed up, said she was getting ready, 5 minutes later, she's passed out in her room with an empty bottle of Fernet Branca on the floor and an open plastic DVD case of Firefly in her hands. Just placed a pillow under her head and threw this Morrissey blanket over her.

Just printed something off her computer and will post it on her fridge. LOL.

Outta here.