New to the forums. Powerlifting mom here and need some motivators! (progress pic in comment)

Options
Amandakm1985
Amandakm1985 Posts: 53 Member
Hi!! I've been on mfp for over a year but never knew there were forums to talk lmao! I'm a stay at home mom of 3 and have a love for powerlifting! I'm the past 17 months I've lost 54lbs and over 70 inches. Looking to lose another 15lbs add me so I can get some extra motivation!

Replies

• FellyFabulous
    FellyFabulous Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Omgosh, is that really you? what a transformation. Awesome!
  • Amandakm1985
    Options
    It is it is lol. 17 months later Thats me and still going strong. Thank you!
  • mfm143
    mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Brilliant! ! You look great! I am a mom of 3 too ;) mine are all under the age of 6 :o and I just started my journey - would love your feedback... I am 12 days in and have lost 5 lbs ( doing moderate/low impact HIIT on the treadmill) I stated 5x5 ( Jason Blaha's ice cream) yesterday ( could only do 20-30lbs, but I guess its a start) followed by light cardio today ( brisk walk 25 min treadmill) , eating 1540 calls/day @ 1.5 lb loss/wk ( currently 5'8 195 lbs and want to lose 60+lbs). This is what I am struggling with - I want to do some sort of HIIT on the treadmill on my days off 2x/wk with complete rest days on the weekends - until I build my strength/endurance - but I've been reading so much conflicting info about off days and no exercising at all, etc - my overall goal is to shed weight/fat while not losing lean muscle mass. Any/all suggestions are greatly appreciated!
  • Amandakm1985
    Options
    When I trained I always did my hour or so of weights than 30 min of cardio and never lost any muscle I've gained so much lean muscle. I do a Lot of hiit now and still gaining lean muscle. I always take 2 days off a week though just to relax. It may not be consecutive days but always 2 days none the less. Make sure your not training body parts back to back so you are giving it time to tear and repair before you hit it again. I'm no expert by all means I just know what works well with my body
  • mfm143
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thanks ;) for getting back to me : if you re willing would love to get a summary of your strength training routine : sets? Reps? Weight? Muscle groups? Days? Etc. thanks again
  • Amandakm1985
    Options
    mfm143 wrote: »
    Thanks ;) for getting back to me : if you re willing would love to get a summary of your strength training routine : sets? Reps? Weight? Muscle groups? Days? Etc. thanks again

If you have instagram add me it's akmartinez85 I post most of my workouts there :) it will give you a much better idea of what my routine looks like
  • mfm143
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I added you but to be honest I don't use IG much ( could you copy and paste a few here - it would be greatly appreciated ;) and I am sure others would love to get an example of what you do ;) thanks again! Great inspiration.
  • Amandakm1985
    Options
    mfm143 wrote: »
    I added you but to0nu07d9tw706.png
    be honest I don't use IG much ( could you copy and paste a few here - it would be greatly appreciated ;) and I am sure others would love to get an example of what you do ;) thanks again! Great inspiration.

c4h0bphkycyx.png
    s75tbnec40j6.png
    mj1q6z043lvd.png
  • mfm143
    Options
    Thanks you - that's awesome !
  • Amandakm1985
    Options
    No problem :)