I would like an opinion on my thighs and what I should do about them

Options
2»

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    If you need strangers to examine photos of your legs to decide whether or not they're 'acceptable' to be seen in shorts...there's probably not anything we can say to reassure you. Wear the shorts, don't wear the shorts.

Just remember that generally people are far less interested in others than you might think. You may feel like people are staring at your thigh judging and assessing them. I can pretty much guarantee that they're busy thinking about themselves.

People do point, stare and comment (in negative way) about other's fashion choices. I've had it happen to me before

But why should you care? Don't let other people make you feel small. If people are rude and mean, then that says more about who they are as a person than it does about what you look like in shorts. If you want to wear shorts, do it and hold your head up high.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Fry them.... Or bake them

lol!! hysterical!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you need strangers to examine photos of your legs to decide whether or not they're 'acceptable' to be seen in shorts...there's probably not anything we can say to reassure you. Wear the shorts, don't wear the shorts.

Just remember that generally people are far less interested in others than you might think. You may feel like people are staring at your thigh judging and assessing them. I can pretty much guarantee that they're busy thinking about themselves.

People do point, stare and comment (in negative way) about other's fashion choices. I've had it happen to me before

What's the worst that happens? The only way it ends up mattering to you is if you let it matter. Stop letting strangers dictate how you should feel about your body.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    There's NOTHING you can do to remove stretch marks. Just like there's really nothing you can do to change the structure of your face.
    The "prettiest" people in the world get ridiculed. Usually by people who just need to validate themselves for something they lack or aren't happy about.
    The reality is that people really don't care as much as you think they do. And the ones that say they do really don't either. The ONLY person you need to try to impress is yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    In reality we all know we shouldn't care what others think but we often do and it would be difficult to change that quickly. Feel free to PM me the pics.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    No, I just don't feel confident enough to post them on an open forum. I'm not very happy with them and dont know if I should forgo wearing shorts

Your profile says your 5'8 and 160lbs. I think it'll be okay if you wear shorts, though it should be more about whether you like to or not. Not whether other people think you should or shouldn't.
    I lost more weight. Currently, I'm 138lbs and I have stretch marks on my calves.

So you're going to wear pants year-round, no matter the weather? It's one way to go, but it might not always be the most comfortable.

Everyone has stretch marks. Including lots of athletes. And models and actors and other people who make their money on their looks. Lots of people have them on their calves. So even if some stranger in the world 1) thinks to look at your calves - most will not, most people are just into themselves and what they're doing, and if they look at you, it'll be your face and general silhouette they're taking in (most people focus on those first) - and 2) can do so (question: how visible are these marks in most lighting conditions, really?), there's no guarantee at all they'll come to the judgements you imagine. That's to say, they most likely won't.

Wear shorts, skirts, and dresses, if you want to, because summer can be miserable in pants.

If you're super uncomfortable, you could try self-tanner or tanning spray . (I think it's a pain, but people do it, you could try.)

Even in the worst case scenario that some stranger even sees your stretch marks, and has an unkind thought about them, your calves only exist in their minds for a few seconds, if that. They don't know you at all.

If people are dumb and small-minded enough to behave like that, you should pity them.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Something that helps me when I'm feeling self conscious around other people: What other people think about you is none of your business. If you feel good in something then wear it. Sometimes it is good to go outside of your comfort zone too, that's how I figured out that i actually CAN pull off maxi dresses. I had spent so much time claiming that i couldn't wear them, when I can. And I feel pretty in them.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give my opinion, :)
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ... if you want to wear shorts than do, if you don't, don't. We all have imperfections, that's life. Be kind to yourself. :smile: