New to mfp

Options
My name is Debbie. This is my first week doing mfp. I'm 54 and am finding it very difficult to lose weight. I would like to lose 35 pounds. I'm also a Weight Watchers member. Would love to make new friends to share and support the journey with.

Replies

• mygatorgirl8
    mygatorgirl8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie...my name is Robin...I'm 56 and also need to loose 30 lbs. I'm from SC. Where you from? Nice to meet you.
  • djdunne2012
    djdunne2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm from NJ. Nice to meet you, too. I find that losing weight in my 50s is a lot more challenging! As we get older, it should be easier (wishful thinking)... Lol
  • KVLJ
    KVLJ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie & Ryan

I am also looking to lose 30lbs before 30. I have just been tod I have an under active Thyroid so losing weight is going to be quite difficult for me. I also have to admit having done this now for 5 days at 1200 calories it really is quite hard!

I am in London - take you guys are US?
  • djdunne2012
    djdunne2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, we are in the US. Nice to meet you, KVJL. It is very difficult when you only have 1200 calories. I don't get a lot of calories either. Sometimes it's hard for me to make good food choices and trying to fit in exercise.... UGH!!! It's easier said than done
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    KVLJ wrote: »
    I am also looking to lose 30 lbs before 30. I have just been told I have an underactive thyroid so losing weight is going to be quite difficult for me.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I lost the weight and have maintained for a year by following the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Logging is simple, but it ain't easy. Logging works.