Negative adjustment issue

Options
Merkavar
Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
is it just me or is this a common issue?

So had negative adjustments on for weeks, since I got a Fitbit. Today I synched the Fitbit etc and noticed in mfp that the adjustment was zero.

First I thought, nice so far I have been exactly sedentary according to mfp.

But the fit bit projection is say 10000 and mfp daily kj is 10300 the adjustment should be negative 300 right?

So I turned negative adjustments off and on, still not working.

Any ideas?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

So had negative adjustments on for weeks, since I got a Fitbit. Today I synched the Fitbit etc and noticed in mfp that the adjustment was zero.

But the fit bit projection is say 10000 and mfp daily kj is 10300 the adjustment should be negative 300 right?

Any ideas?

No. You don't get -300 for 300 steps.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Any ideas?

He's working in kilojoules, not in kilocalories.

Yes, in theory that is how it works. Since I have my calories set up on MFP differently I disabled negative adjustments because it would really mess with my calories on lower activity days (specifically the weekends when school is going).
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Any ideas?

Yes, in theory that is how it works. Since I have my calories set up on MFP differently I disabled negative adjustments because it would really mess with my calories on lower activity days (specifically the weekends when school is going).

English woman!
  • Merkavar
    Options

Any ideas?

English woman!

What?

Like it worked fine yesterday as far a in aware, just today, no negative adjustment.

If I wasn't at work I would exercise a bit to see if positive adjustments are working.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Could be a syncing issue then if it worked in the past and you have negative calories enabled.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If it wasn't just a one-time glitch, disconnect your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit

Delete the MFP & Fitbit apps from your device, restart it, and reinstall the apps.

Connect your accounts, and enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

In the MFP app, go to More > Steps and choose Fitbit.

If that doesn't fix the problem, contact MFP customer service.

PS. MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Merkavar
    Options
    So I jumped in the treadmill, positive adjustments do work it's just negative that don't.

Disconnecting Fitbit and mfp, does that lose any data?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Disconnecting Fitbit and mfp, does that lose any data?

No.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I find that I lose synching sometimes. The post above about disconnecting and reconnecting has always solved it for me. Sometimes it's just the servers on one side or the other hiccuping and it resumes later.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    I find that I lose synching sometimes. The post above about disconnecting and reconnecting has always solved it for me. Sometimes it's just the servers on one side or the other hiccuping and it resumes later.

But it is synching. Everything seems to be working except mfp negative adjustments.

I just woke up, I should have a negative adjustment of 600kj but it says zero. Now if I jump on a treadmill for 20 mins and burn 650kj it will accurately give me a positive adjustment of 50kj.