Changed my wt loss per week goal but calories didn't change

Options
Mabv812
Mabv812 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2015 in Getting Started
So my goal was originally 2 pounds per week. , 1200 cals pwr day. I changed it to 1 pound per week, but the calories per day is still 1200. Confused

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    MFP will not allow you to set a goal below 1200 calories, so if your maintenance calories are 1700, then the lowest it will recommend is 1200 regardless of if your goal is 2 lbs per week. So in this example, if your maintenance is 1700, to lose 1 lb per week is a 500 calorie daily deficit =1200 calories.
  • Mabv812
    Options
    Even if I change it to gain 1 pound per week the calories per day doesn't change from 1200.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Are you clicking to save changes? That's the first thing that comes to mind...
  • Mabv812
    Options
    I press set but i dont see a save changes button. Im in the goals tab.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Are you using the website or the app? On the website, home > goals > Change Goals > Guided > bottom line What is your goal > update profile.
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    aussie_girl_del_runner_5 Posts: 303 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I use kgs and both 1kg and 0.75kg per week settings give me 1200. If I reduce it down to 0.5kg it will change to 1450. I have 15kg to go though.

I think you either need to choose an option less than 1 lbs a week if you want more calories or keep it at 1 lbs = 1200.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Mabv812 wrote: »
    Even if I change it to gain 1 pound per week the calories per day doesn't change from 1200.

That sounds like a glitch; if you are using one of the mobile apps, try uninstalling then reinstalling.
    If that doesn't work, you should open a Case with Customer Support on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new
  • Mabv812
    Options
    I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Didn't work
    The website isn't working either :(
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    On the website, you followed the steps I posted, above? Could you describe in excruciating detail what you are doing?
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Mine was the same way, and although I thought it was weird, I never tried to fix it. I just figured my deficit would put me at an unhealthy level of calories either way... I've got mine set to sedentary, 1 lb/wk loss, 121 lb (CW), 115 lb (GW), 5'6''.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the website is broken right now. It won't let me change my goals either, for the last two days.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It depends on your height/fitness level. I'm 5'2, 40, sedentary. If I set 1, 1.5 or 2 lbs a week, I always get 1200 calories. The only way i get more is if I drop my goal to .5 lbs a week.

Not a glitch in the system, always been this way for me.

Are you a shortie like me?