Arms!!!

Options
I don't know why but a few weeks ago I realized that my arms are wobbly while I was out running. Like, if I lift my arm and shake it, the flaps underneath moves in an undesirable manner.

Maybe I didn't notice it before or maybe this is a recent development. Anyway, do you guys have some suggestion to fix it?

Replies

• grandevampire
    Options
    I don't know why but a few weeks ago I realized that my arms are wobbly while I was out running. Like, if I lift my arm and shake it, the flaps underneath moves in an undesirable manner.

Maybe I didn't notice it before or maybe this is a recent development. Anyway, do you guys have some suggestion to fix it?

It's normal for your arm to move freely when you are not flexing your triceps, no matter what shape your arm is in. To reduce "bingo wings", strength train your arms to give the underlying muscles shape, and lose fat to have less to "flap".

ETA: Remember to work your both biceps and your triceps, even though the tris are on the flappy side, as they are complementary flexion-extension muscles and should be built together.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce arms. so doing arm exercises is a waste of time.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options

No one said spot reducing. The advice was to build muscle on the arms. This, in conjunction with any fat loss achieved by the OP trhough running ( and to a lesser extent through stength training) would result in smaller bingo wings.
    Where is the problem?
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    push ups help all parts of the uppper body and core. Want great arms do real push ups and lots of them.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I find cycling great for this I wonder is it because my arms are straight and tense for long periods of time!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

This is wrong...

Lift weights and lift heavy.
  • grandevampire
    Options

No one said spot reducing. The advice was to build muscle on the arms. This, in conjunction with any fat loss achieved by the OP trhough running ( and to a lesser extent through stength training) would result in smaller bingo wings.
    Where is the problem?

Thanks for understanding me! :drinker: