Lighter life programme thoughts???

Options
plaffo786
plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
anyone used the lighter life programme, thoughts feelings success or failures? Tia

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Does the diet require you to work with your doctor?
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did Lighter Life. She had to work with one of their consultants, not her own doctor, but I don't know if the consultant was a doc. Anyway, she lost a lot of weight rather quickly. When she came off LL she still couldn't control her eating and started putting weight back on. She ended up going to an Eastern European country for gastric surgery and is now saving to go back for her third reconstruction surgery to remove all the loose skin.
  • plaffo786
    plaffo786 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nope, not as far as I know it's meal replacements I've done it and was quite happy but transitioning to "real food" wondering if ppl were able to keep they weight off
    It might be an Irish/English programme so may not be in America
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    plaffo786 wrote: »
    Nope, not as far as I know it's meal replacements I've done it and was quite happy but transitioning to "real food" wondering if ppl were able to keep they weight off
    It might be an Irish/English programme so may not be in America

http://www.lighterlife.com/
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My friend did it and lost 9 stone in as many months. Since coming off it just over two years ago she's put on about 28lbs/12.7kg, she used MFP at first and was struggling to eat more than 1000 calories without putting weight on (I'm dubious as to how honest she was but that's another thing!) and now she just tries to eat well but I think the weight is slowly creeping back on.

I suppose it depends on the person and how well they control their intake when they come off it. I do think it creates an odd relationship with food though as my friend now is always tempted to do Lighter Life again to get back to her lowest weight rather than to control her intake of food.