Anyone had success with rebounding..?

Everywhere I research rebounding says it's fantastic for weight loss and low impact on the joints etc.

Has anyone had success with this?

C xx

Replies

• jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    may be a stupid question but what is rebounding?
  • Its bouncing on a mini trampoline.... it's recommended everywhere and I just wondered what people thought about it....seemingly it burns a lot of calories!
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    yes! I love mine (maybe hate it just a little too ;) ..) Its definitely easier on the joints though it still pains my troublesome knee after a vigorous workout.

I treat it like a focused aerobics session, running on the spot in 1 minute bursts, hopping on 1 leg, jumping jacks, skipping, high knees, leg kicks etc and also do arm and chest exercises while i'm bouncing.

The best thing about it is that I can get a good workout while i'm out in the garden so I don't feel like I'm stuck indoors doing exercise thats a chore on a sunny day.

It isnt in the mfp database so i add it as aerobics (whatever level of intensity I've managed to do!) The longest I've managed in one session is 30 minutes - and that was tough and hard going!
  • jjay23
    jjay23 Posts: 160 Member
    this sounds awesome, totally going to get me a mini trampoline!
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    I've been wondering the same thing... I have one, but other than jogging on the spot... I never know what to do.

I find it feels awkward to jog on it... so I felt like I wasn't doing something right LOL
  • I love my mini-trampoline! If you're not sure what to do on it, I would recommend the "Bounce for Beginners" DVD, which you can get on Amazon. There's three different workouts on it, and you can adjust them to suit your own level of fitness.