Aqua jogging

Options
... after a recent injury to my right shoulder and scalene from lifting my moms wheelchair I was jogging and felt a weird pulling in my shoulder....shortly thereafter three fingers in my right hand went numb! After months of orthopedists and MRIs etc I went to my chiropractor who worked me over good! I now have feeling back and I'm pain free, but he feels I shouldn't run full out yet, so I'm Aqua jogging at his suggestion. I am also doing laps. I truly love it! I thought I would feel bad about missing running, and I do miss it, but I'm excited about a new routine, I've been in my pool every day for about a month, and I am seeing a difference. I will go back to jogging in the fall when it cools off, but for now I'm happy and feeling rewarded! Just wanted to share; don't count out Aqua jogging! It works!! :)

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    There are so many things you can do in the pool that are major fat burners and are so much easier on the body, joints especially. I swim laps and take a water aerobics class specifically designed to help the back. I love my water! My fitness center is owned by a local healthcare provider so it is the usual gym with pool, but the third floor is Physical Therapy and I often see people working with physical therapists down in the pools.

I credit the Back Camp class with starting me on the road to the success I have had (114 lb down, 37 more to go). It got my back better so I can also start walking. At the beginning, I couldn't go more than a short block without my back being in so much pain. Now, I can walk as much as 6-7 miles and I could do more except I developed arthritis in my right foot that flares up after that many miles. The back and my general fitness are fine. Yay for water exercise!