Why do I only lose weight on rest days?

Options
Hi everyone!
I will start by saying that I have only 10 pounds to go until I hit my goal weight, and these last pounds have by far been the hardest to lose.
I do cardio Monday thru Saturday for 60 minutes and then Sunday is my rest day :)

I have MFP set to weight loss 0.5 pounds a week, so my recommended calorie intake w/out exercise is 1,260. When I add 500 calories of working out, I am eating 1,760 calories Monday thru Saturday, then on Sundays I eat my regular 1,260.

However I have noticed that when I weigh myself after my rest day I drop 1-3 pounds from when I weigh myself during my work out days. For example I weighed myself 2 weekends ago and I weighed 108 pounds, I weighed myself this morning and I was 110.6 pounds.

I dont understand if it's because I'm eating too many calories throughout the week or if my body has gotten used to my everyday cardio sessions, and they're not working anymore?
Should I lower my calorie intake or up my workout routine?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    How long has this been happening?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Your body puts on a little water weight for muscle repair. It's not fat gained or lost. I have a similar pattern, along with a monthly pattern, if you get my drift.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,624 Member
    Options
    Neither. You are probably retaining water after the exercise. You recover during the rest days and you discover the underlying weight movement. We've had a couple of threads as to why looking at your weight trend instead of weight might be helpful. You can use www.weightgrapher.com, www.trendweight.com, Libra on android, happy scale on iPhone.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    How long has this been happening?

Well before July I wasnt giving myself rest days. So i noticed it when I gave myself Sunday and since I upped my calorie intake. So about a month.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Neither. You are probably retaining water after the exercise. You recover during the rest days and you discover the underlying weight movement. We've had a couple of threads as to why looking at your weight trend instead of weight might be helpful. You can use www.weightgrapher.com, www.trendweight.com, Libra on android, happy scale on iPhone.

Thank you! which one do you recommend?